SlotForum banner
1701 - 1720 of 1748 Posts

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,713 ·
The things they say, eh?

Scribbling online today, Ewan Gale ( who?) questions Porsche's credentials to come up to scratch as partners with RBR. He writes: "Porsche's recent history in top-level motor sport saw just a short, expensive but successful stint in LMP1..."
Ecoregion Botany Leaf Textile Organism

·
Registered
264 Posts
The things they say, eh?

Scribbling online today, Ewan Gale ( who?) questions Porsche's credentials to come up to scratch as partners with RBR. He writes: "Porsche's recent history in top-level motor sport saw just a short, expensive but successful stint in LMP1..." View attachment 313801
I can only shake my head in despair with a look of incredulity at this report Laurence.

I think it is a sign of the times and sadly the shape of things to come.

It is little wonder "hacks" make such ill informed comments because they didn't search hard enough for the truth or the facts. They may even re write history and tell us Porsche never existed!!

As one famous person is purported to have uttered in times of old,

"Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do", (or in this case say)
(Luke 23:34).

We are left with few other options.

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,719 ·
The 911 Carrera's ducktail spoiler was introduced 50 years ago, and much resented by the 911's body stylist, Butzi Porsche. Today, virtually all high-performance road cars have aero appendages.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,720 ·
The rare sight of a 512M leading the 917s. This was Watkins Glen, 1971, in a furious race that resulted in victory for the deAdamich/Petersson Alfa T33. Porsche 917s finished second and third, while Alain de Cadenet brought his 512M home in fourth.
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

1701 - 1720 of 1748 Posts