SlotForum banner

A Porsche thread

198K views 3K replies 91 participants last post by  OkieLand Slotter 
#1 ·
I've harboured passion for Porsche's way of doing things down many decades, and continue to marvel at the many Porsche slot cars we can buy, or build, that make our hobby such an enormously interesting pleasure.

This thread, I hope, will result in 'everything' Porsche - your models, photographs, memories and yarns. And anything else, of course.

All contributions will be of great interest, as usual, and I, therefore, thank you in advance.

A few pics below to start the ball rolling.

See less See more
#893 ·
Have I said I don't like most Porsche cars 😁 ?. Having said that a few time now I have acquired a few more Porsche 911 kits with three of these arriving from japan yesterday,

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle

Think I've now got all the 911S cars I need for Le Mans '66 and '67.

On a whim I also bought this Porsche kit

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Tire

Now I don't know one Porsche 911 model from the next but on the side of the box it says '63 Porsche Turbo which I assume is completely wrong:unsure::oops:.

Looks like I will be ordering some more decals from Le Mans Decals😁. Unlike the LS 911 kit I received a week or so ago which as some moulding flow lines in the plastic, on the roof, these seem to be very nice white plastic mouldings and I could be tempted to leave them unpainted, as all three will be white cars, and just apply the decals and clearcoat:unsure:, at least I wouldn't have to wait for some descent weather to arrive😄.

PS, I think I've identified the Porsche Turbo year and model but any help from the experts would be much appreciated😉

#894 ·
Keith

The earliest 930 (911 turbo) was 1975. The first production 911s were ready in 1964, so 1963 is wrong. As an aside, production of the 911 was delayed slightly because Porsche were using Stuttgart factory floor space for the 904, which took precedence.

#895 ·
The interesting thing is the early 911s weren't, bit if a hoo ha with Peugeot over numbering with a zero in the middle.
Many moons later Edward Jordan had a hoo ha with Porsche, the new F1 Jordan was badged 911, that changed to 191 after discussions, don't know how many readies ,if any changed hands, but Eddie did get a new roadgoing 911 out if it.

#908 ·
Trisha - You must have read my mind! This is the one I’m aiming for. I think it looks better with its reduced livery than the no8 and no9 cars which came first and third.

The interesting thing about 107 was that it was 107 version 2.
The original car, fully Martini liveried was wrapped around a tree in training at great speed, hence the plain silver spare car was pressed into service with reduced livery.
Fair bit of Targa 73 film on you tube, wish I'd got a time machine.
The other manufacturer car that had a bit if an accident in training was the Alfa 33 of Clay
Reggazoni, but Alfa must have had a spare to hand.
I believe the bonnet and boot lids were all that could be used from the original shell, although I think the engine was still operable, too.
As far as I can make out, Alfa couldn’t repair Regazzoni‘s car in time, so only one Alfa 33TT3 competed, along with 2 Ferrari 312PBs. All dropped out early on, leaving the factory 911s first, third and sixth.
Mike
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

#907 ·
The interesting thing about 107 was that it was 107 version 2.
The original car, fully Martini liveried was wrapped around a tree in training at great speed, hence the plain silver spare car was pressed into service with reduced livery.
Fair bit of Targa 73 film on you tube, wish I'd got a time machine.
The other manufacturer car that had a bit if an accident in training was the Alfa 33 of Clay
Reggazoni, but Alfa must have had a spare to hand.

#909 ·
The other interesting or anal retentive thing about the factory RSRs at the Targa, is shown in one of the many Targa 73 vid clips.
They arrived with the standard RS ducktail, the additional little end winglets must have been added during the practice sessions.
These add ons morphed into proper moulded ends for the 73 LM race, the Mary Stuart cars, I've a LMM shelf queen of one of these ,gorgeous.

All this then led to the 74 Turbo cars, as modelled by Scalextric / Meccano France and Carrera back in the day, then the more recent LMM version.

All this then led to 930/934/935, remember seeing the Martini 935 at Silverstone in 76, a wonderful day out.