SlotForum banner

A Porsche thread

197K views 3K replies 91 participants last post by  42redcat 
#1 ·
I've harboured passion for Porsche's way of doing things down many decades, and continue to marvel at the many Porsche slot cars we can buy, or build, that make our hobby such an enormously interesting pleasure.

This thread, I hope, will result in 'everything' Porsche - your models, photographs, memories and yarns. And anything else, of course.

All contributions will be of great interest, as usual, and I, therefore, thank you in advance.

A few pics below to start the ball rolling.

See less See more
#1,303 ·
Only two Porsche Group C1 car appeared in the two races..

A 956

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

and a 962C, there should have been a second one

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

In the paddock

Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Motor vehicle

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive design Car

Hood Automotive tire Trunk Car Motor vehicle

Although the Group C1 cars were racing there wasn't that much action unfortunately. As one of the drivers said to the pit lane commentator 'the difference between a pro driver and a good owner driver in most historic classis is small, the difference when in a C1 car can be very noticable.

#1,305 ·
I think the Group C cars were a step-change in technology. I remember the first time they were at Silverstone Classics. The 1950s and 1960s sports cars were in an open paddock, with full public access to the garages and the owner/mechanics working on them. Group Cs were in a dedicated, restricted-access paddock full of huge workshop/motor-homes and the whole life-support systems these cars seemed to need.
Mike

#1,311 ·
The full story of the 66 langheck 906s was in an issue of the German quarterly magazine Automobilsport last year.
It detailed the cars further use/sale after LM and has some great and very detailed photos of a surviving car today.
Fortunately Automobilsport also prints in English, although it's usually out about a month after the German language one.

#1,313 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Toy

TA 71 kit 904. My first experience with a 3D printed car and lexan clear parts. The headlight covers were the only bits I didn’t mangle. Fell back on cutting windshield and side windows from a croissant carton. Still need to add the windshield wiper.
Went with a slot.it pod and NSR 21.9k Shark motor. I’ll see how she runs tomorrow.

Vehicle Wheel Tire Car Hood

#1,314 ·
Ran some timed laps today. Very quiet and smooth, quick on the straights an tippy in the corners. Weight is 63gm which is quite light compared to similar cars. The MRRC with the brass chassis is74gm. Lap times comparable so with some lead low and lateral it should compete well against my other early 60’s cars.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Gadget Electronic device Machine Auto part Electronics accessory

#1,317 ·
Been a bit of a Porsche weekend, bought all these this in the last few days...o_O

Resin 356 with chassis

Car Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

Fly 908

Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Sideways 935

Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Automotive design

and some resin 1/43rd scale Starter kits, will probably build these as static models but you never know..

Font Material property Rectangle Art Carmine

962, with decals for cars #1, #2 and #3

Rectangle Material property Font Art Shipping box

another 962

Material property Gas Rectangle Font Technology

and yet another 962

Product Rectangle Packing materials Packaging and labeling Box

Why, why why:unsure:

#1,319 · (Edited)
I received the Fly Porsche 908 Flunder LH today

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

and it look really nice. Gave it a little test on the Policar track as it came and it ran ok but the front tyres have a few out off round bits and bumps. I then removed the magnet and it was like driving with slicks in a downpour 🙁 . Went to fit a pair of WASP urethanes and one tyre came off ok the other instead of removing the tyre I removed the wheel from the axle o_O, the tyre was rock hard and had top be cut off and it left a load of oil on the wheel. I didn't think modern manufactures still used these kind of :poop: compounds any more. New tyres fitted wheel back on and it handles great until the wheel 😠came of so now I'm waiting for the super glue to set :whistle:.

Nice as it is I fell a repaint coming on :unsure:, I need the LM 1969 #20 car😁

edit
PS looks like the super glue is working (y)

#1,320 ·
I didn't think modern manufactures still used these kind of :poop: compounds any more.
Perhaps they don't! That model has to be pushing 20 years old now. Possibly even more!

#1,321 ·
I've not seen this problem on any of my cars made this century, in fact not on anything really since the 70's and 80's. I have lots of old cars with hard tyres but the oil leakage only seemed to effect a few of my brands and then only from cars from the above decades. Maybe I've been lucky? :unsure:

#1,322 ·
Busy day today, parcel postie came just before 3pm with another Porsche, what am I thinking of???? o_O:unsure:😁

Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Automotive design

Sideways 935 Gp5, so now I have the short tail to go with my Moby Dick. As this is for club racing I think I'll live with the livery adding a new race track to my field.😁

#1,328 ·
Colin spark, RS models,has a resin Chevron B16 on the stocks , this was about a year ago, last time I contacted him, he was quite rightly prioritising family issues, so we can be patient on this one.
The European two litre sports car championship was a big deal back in the late sixties and early seventies, big business for the likes of Chevron and Lola.
My B16 is going to be the #48, Levi's sponsored Rotary Madza engined one from LM 70.