SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. Could someone please explain this.
Controller A Club Parma Economy Hand Controllers 15OHMS
Controller B My Parma Plus 15Ohms

Tested all 5 controllers, all test at 15Ohms +/-1Ohm
Ciub Controllers way quicker than Mine.
Mine way better breaking.
All 6 wired the same way

Why?
I would have thought that Parma Plus would be the quicker than Economyl, but they all should be the same as they are all 15Ohms.

Cheers
Andy

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Probably down to a summation of various manufacturing tolerances ....... or not.

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
The variation is most likely due to the resistance and contact pressure between the wiper contact button and the resistor!
Clean and adjust the wiper contact and resistor and check again.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi,
A weird one indeed.I am not to sure of the electrical difference's between the Plus and Economy versions.
I can only summise that the varaition of resistance between off and full throttle differs between the two.The one varies exponentially and the other in a more linear fashion,but both should provide the same maximum voltage at full throttle to the car from the same power supply.
As far as the braking goes perhaps the Plus version does not provide a full short circuit accross the motor but a deliberate partial one so that the car does not deccelerate as quickly

Be very interested to know the reason,it must be logical, but sometimes strange coincidences lead you up the wrong path.

Please let us know
Cheers
Bryan

·
Rich Dumas
3,664 Posts
The best way to compare the controllers is to measure the voltage across the track rails with a motor running. An open circuit voltage measurement will not tell you much. My own controller has a relay that bypasses everything, including most of the wires when the controller is in the full speed position.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (RichD @ 10 Jul 2012, 15:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The best way to compare the controllers is to measure the voltage across the track rails with a motor running. An open circuit voltage measurement will not tell you much. My own controller has a relay that bypasses everything, including most of the wires when the controller is in the full speed position.

OK, I'll try that.
After playing about I can see that the clean was well worth it. No difference I could see on FULL but under breaking a big difference. The car stops, rather than creeps to a stand still.
I have ben used to running without breaks, but as the rest all have breaking, I would be at a loss if I did not have it. You get deeper into a corner.
Still, Race night tomorrow, we will see how it coes better then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.