SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Top Gear test track.

I hate cross overs.
And how to get that track, in 8 x 4 space.

Turn one section around and put on top?

The track we have is on 8 x 4, mainly SS with a routed wood section. There is a rise of about 6" which takes up around a third of the foot print
But the whole layout is a bumpy as a side road leading to a brackers yard

So. that's why I'm planing a routed layout. Just track, no bits and bobs like pits, trees, buildings etc. Just do not have the space for all that.

Any ideas on a layout ? Please.

On this subject. Paint? I'm thinking a good quility Latex paint.

·
Greg Gaub
15,345 Posts
I say go for the top gear test track. And because it's that track, it's only one lane! It's a test track. Put a simple timer over the start, like a cheap Carrera or something that sits over the track. Then paint it up to look like the airfield and such. I think it would be great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

Here is my track. Wooden track made by Sillage Racing.
Size is 4m x 1.20m.

DS racing powered and lap timer.

Here the track !!!!!!

I will put more pics if you guys want later on, the track is now painted and ready to race.
Lot's of fun even with the crossover.

For the paint on wood i did undercoat with a special base paint for wood both sides otherwise it will bend then mat latex paint, grip is much better on wood.
You can add some really thin sand in the paint to add grip.

·
Greg Gaub
15,345 Posts
yes, pics of the finished track would be great! Sillage did a great job on design. It was a good idea to make part of the crossing into a squeeze, though it doesn't really prevent t-bones from happening. Good thing you stuck with analog, though. That would be insane carnage as a multi-car digital track.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.