SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Circuit Owner
5,958 Posts
Is somebody a little peeved that a scrapyard special is better than their fifty quid Slot.It ?!?

I think these little retro F1's are GREAT. Blinking well done that man!!!

· Circuit Owner
5,958 Posts
QUOTE (Phil Kalbfell @ 29 Oct 2011, 20:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not peeved, I have some of the old Scalex cars set up with modern running gear,good wheels,tyres gears and motors and the best is 6 tenths behind a Slot It around our track.
Just being realistic! That these cars are fun but are just not as fast as podded cars.

Fair enough.

SlotMadMac seems to have created body float in his versions. I had a couple of these old cars and the chassis is so flat and small it's probably the same weight as a motor pod (certainly about the same as my MRSLOTCAR.CA motor pod and not much heavier than the Slot.It HRS motor pod. The old Ferrari I had was made from very rigid plastic - more rigid than modern plastic chassis - I expect the Renault is the same. It seems to me that SlotMadMac's approach has created what is effectively a motor pod with integral guide with a floating body on top. It's actually a chassis-less motor pod!

Perhaps you guys should have a race! (Or send your cars somewhere for a proxy face-off).

What a shame I put the back end of my Ferrari chassis under a transit - it would have been fun to pit Enzo against Ernie Mosetti

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.