SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dave Capelen
2,802 Posts
Hi Per

QUOTE for time being it looks like a big cake

Maybe, but your cakes progress very quickly into full-blown scenic tracks....

OK, so you have limited space to work in, but I know you will produce something with great scenic looks...!

I may need to borrow you for a few days when my track is ready....

Cheers
Dave

·
Dave Capelen
2,802 Posts
Hi Per

QUOTE Isle of Man sounds like a great place to spend a few summer days rolleyes.gif , and I am sure my family would enjoy that as well!

That would be good, more hands make light work (so they say).

Hopefully we'll be ready for landscaping / scenery next summer....June/July/August are the best months here usually, for weather.

As we're only 16 miles from Scotland, it goes dark quite late this time of year, in fact there's still a tiny bit of light in the northern sky now (11:40pm). Only 40 minutes ago I was watching the bats flying in the garden....

How many is "family"? For 3 or 4 there is plenty of space....hoping to have the loft conversion/extension done this year.

Cheers
Dave

·
Dave Capelen
2,802 Posts
Hi Per

QUOTE Is there a clever engineer out there that can suggest how I can set up some sort of pully system on the wall so that my 8 year old son (and I) can operate or pull it up?

There have been a couple over the past year on some of the track threads, I just can't remember which ones. I think one was in Oz in a garage.

I'm sure there will be others who can point you in the right direction.

Cheers
Dave

·
Dave Capelen
2,802 Posts
Hi Per

Glad you got back to the UK alright and are back in the swing of things....the track is ideal for introducing kids to the hobby / passion of slot racing....

QUOTE no major damage if you don't mind parts of the scenery covered in ketchup and a million little fingers

Surely the ketchup just adds to the "patina" of the track? Graham's track had a lot of little fingers all over it at the weekend...!

Great to see another bunch of people enjoying themselves - the kids are the next generation slot racers.

I'm impressed by how quickly you have finished it.

Hope the wallet is dry now...

Oh....and we have a meeting over here next week to discuss reviving the Isle of Man club....

Cheers
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.