SlotForum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Good God!
Playing with little toy cars in Italy and getting innocent ex Englishmen drunk (ehem cough), playing with big boys boats in Stockholm, making tracks with so much detail AND there is a vicious rumour that you also fly kites with your kids on the beach- all this AND you work?

Superb track Per, your boys are lucky to have such devotion.

·
Frank
612 Posts
nearly one month ago since my last comment and this track looks like te same

can´t belive it.

but it looks great as that threat for your brother´s present!

you´re a little bit lasy,-could be??

SORRY

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Frank,

How did you know that I was lazy by natur
The challenge the last two Month has been that I have been away on business travel 3-4 days
a week, so when it gets to balance the rest of the time the wife and family have won and the Scalextric have lost out
However I am glad that you like it, and hey the pond and the garage must count as progress

Regards
Per

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
QUOTE (Swissracer @ 9 Jul 2009, 15:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good God!
Playing with little toy cars in Italy and getting innocent ex Englishmen drunk (ehem cough), playing with big boys boats in Stockholm, making tracks with so much detail AND there is a vicious rumour that you also fly kites with your kids on the beach- all this AND you work?

Dear Swissracer,
I got no memory of getting an expat drunk
The rest I'll stand by and yes I do try to get some work done as well, it is hard but someone has do do it (sailing, golf, dinners, meetings etc and all in the name of customer relations and business
) Glad you like the track, even if has Carrera cars on it

Regards
Per

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
QUOTE (Swissracer @ 9 Jul 2009, 15:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good God!

Dear Swissracer,
I got no memory of getting an expat drunk
The rest I'll stand by and yes I do try to get some work done as well, it is hard but someone has do do it (sailing, golf, dinners, meetings etc and all in the name of customer relations and business
) Glad you like the track, even if has Carrera cars on it

Regards
Per

·
Registered
873 Posts
Made some more progress on the track just in time to bring it up to the directors BBQ at School. What a great idea to promote the up and coming Scalextric club at school, and maybe a big lesson in
how kids who has never driven Scalextric before will drive

All set up and ready:

Hey Frank, who said something about progress

A good overview pic:

A picture taken from where I was doing the BBQ, maybe next time I will be closer to the track

Then off course the children came out from the school play, and they all ran for the Scalextrics or was it the burgers? ( a bunch of 5-12 years old
)

Luckely, one dad supervised as good as he could:

Well the track was a great success, and no major damage if you don't mind parts of the scenery covered in ketchup and a million little fingers
poking in the pond to see if the water was real
, and off course all the fencing needs replacing. But in the end it was all worth it just to see all the
happy little faces when they where allowed to play with it
. We also arranged a lottery where you could win everything from mobile phones,wine, restaurant meals etc, but the main interests from the
children was the Scalextric sets that I got the local hobby shop to donate to the school

Sorry, this was a bit off track
, but it shows a bit of an update and a good use for the track.

Regards Per

·
Dave Capelen
2,802 Posts
Hi Per

Glad you got back to the UK alright and are back in the swing of things....the track is ideal for introducing kids to the hobby / passion of slot racing....

QUOTE no major damage if you don't mind parts of the scenery covered in ketchup and a million little fingers

Surely the ketchup just adds to the "patina" of the track? Graham's track had a lot of little fingers all over it at the weekend...!

Great to see another bunch of people enjoying themselves - the kids are the next generation slot racers.

I'm impressed by how quickly you have finished it.

Hope the wallet is dry now...

Oh....and we have a meeting over here next week to discuss reviving the Isle of Man club....

Cheers
Dave

·
Tel
4,169 Posts
QUOTE (perthor @ 10 Jul 2009, 20:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well the track was a great success, and no major damage if you don't mind parts of the scenery covered in ketchup and a million little fingers
poking in the pond to see if the water was real
, and off course all the fencing needs replacing. But in the end it was all worth it just to see all the
happy little faces when they where allowed to play with it
. We also arranged a lottery where you could win everything from mobile phones,wine, restaurant meals etc, but the main interests from the
children was the Scalextric sets that I got the local hobby shop to donate to the school

Sorry, this was a bit off track
, but it shows a bit of an update and a good use for the track.

Regards Per

Per, good job on getting the local hobby shop donating, its gotta be good for future slotters in this age of playstations etc

Fingers poking the lake ?? lol even adults do that when at mine

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
QUOTE (Slotcarmann @ 10 Jul 2009, 22:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Per

Glad you got back to the UK alright and are back in the swing of things....the track is ideal for introducing kids to the hobby / passion of slot racing....

Surely the ketchup just adds to the "patina" of the track? Graham's track had a lot of little fingers all over it at the weekend...!

Great to see another bunch of people enjoying themselves - the kids are the next generation slot racers.

I'm impressed by how quickly you have finished it.

Hope the wallet is dry now...

Oh....and we have a meeting over here next week to discuss reviving the Isle of Man club....

Cheers
Dave

Thanks Dave, The journey home went well apart from good old BA being 1 1/2 late
Yes the wallet has completely dried up, the money are usable and the cards work. However next time I get bright ideas, can you remind me not to only remove electronics

Per

QUOTE (Savage @ 10 Jul 2009, 23:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Per, good job on getting the local hobby shop donating, its gotta be good for future slotters in this age of playstations etc

Fingers poking the lake ?? lol even adults do that when at mine

Well the whole point with starting with Scalextric up at school is that it is a bit of old fashioned fun, painting, modelling, racing etc. And the kids are realy looking forward to it, and cant wait to get back to school in September to start
The only question now is how I will manage to fit it in every week
The local hobby shop was quite good about donating (after all I have bought all my stuff from him
) the Scalextric starter sets, but I am sure as I told him that he would quite quickly get return on his investment from the children who won them. My youngest was with one of the winners yesterday, racing on the little oval course and having a great time (it just shows it is not always the size that matters
). When I picked him up the mum said they where on the way to buy extension sets (hmm so maybe size counts after all
)

Oh yea I am sure I have a few adult fingers in the lake as well.

Thanks, Per

·
Tel
4,169 Posts
Totally OT, but proving Per is a top bloke, today I recieved a package containing 2 "Firklover" (I kid you not)

After realising it wasn't some sort of sex aid, and was in fact super tasty choccie, one bar has been munched by me alone

In the spirit of this thread the other will be given to my kids

Thanks Per

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Just back from a week at the summerhouse in Norway, nice and relaxed apart from the pint price
£4.70

Had a quick look at the track tonight, and finished off the left hand corner with rocks, bushes and trees:

Ready to paint the track tomorrow
and put the finishing tuches with weeds, undergrowth and sign posts.

regards Per

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
QUOTE (Savage @ 14 Jul 2009, 21:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Totally OT, but proving Per is a top bloke, today I recieved a package containing 2 "Firklover" (I kid you not)

After realising it wasn't some sort of sex aid, and was in fact super tasty choccie, one bar has been munched by me alone

In the spirit of this thread the other will be given to my kids

Thanks Per

Glad you enjoyed the Norwegian treat, I think my kids are still looking for that choccie and accusing me for eating it

I a sorry I was unable to come up and play, but I look forward to the next invitation

Per

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Have managed to paint the track and done some more scenery, but there is still a lot of details left to do before it is finished.
This is what it looks like tonight:

The right hand corner:

The garage area:

Under the bridge:

The left side area:

Over the bridge:

Away for a week, so no updates for a while

Regards
Per

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Thanks Jake, I am glad you like it!
I am looking forward to get this one finished, and hung on the wall.
The only challenge is to stop working on various details, the more you do the more
you find to do
. But then again that is what keep us going. Had some good racing with
the youngest (whos track it is) in the garage this morning and it was good fun.
Regards
Per

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I still have not managed to finish this track, but I have been out in the garage tonight racing with my youngest.
However I cannot help thinking something i missing, the layout looks a bit flat if you know what I mean?
Any good ideas on how to rectify this?
Per

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Finally the track moved out of the barn yesterday, and up towards Kristians bedroom:

It even went in to his bedroom:

All I need to do now is fix on 4 legs and wheels and it should roll under his bed

Here is a few more pics:

It has taken a lot longer than I thought, but that is due to work, golf, family life and not at least finishing of this for Kristian:

Thats all folks, Ill keep you posted to the bitter end

Per

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Just a quick and final
update on Kristians bedroom track. The track have now been in place for 3ish weeks and has so far been a roaring success
among his friends, and not at least with Kristian around bed time when he can do night racing especially with the SCX cars who have great lights. So for all of
us is has been great fun, although a bit delayed

Track in place under his bed, and I have put wheels on so that he can take it out if he wants:

Lat but not least a few evening racing pics with Kristians new favorite car:

Thanks for following this tracks development, and if I am not wrong there should be a new development here within the next two weeks

Per

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
OOOOPS, I see I said smething would happen within a couple of weeks and that was 6 weeks ago

Time flies! Well it was said with good intentions, and I have managed to build 20 trees and redone
25 trees from winter to summer
. The layout is ready, the scenery in theory is ready, I guess it
is just not me that is ready
But look out, sudently it will be some dramatic updates followed by a new thread

Per

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Kristian finally twisted my thumbs hard enough to by the Scalextric italian police car and he was desperately to do an evening race against a Jaguar last night.
So here is a few scenic pictures that shows of the track pretty well

The Galardo makes nice reflections in the pond:

Happy New Year!
Per

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.