SlotForum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been resurrecting my old desert track back and decided to try a new theme for it. I found a supplier that makes molds for structures to use for role playing type games and although a smaller scale you can build them bigger to whatever size you would want. Each cast makes 8 main blocks and 3 corner blocks so I have been busy with plaster for most of last week and whenever I could sqeeze it in. It has taken a total of 308 blocks and about 7lbs+ of plaster and I still have 2 more of these to make yet. It should be very different for the layout when everything is done. Here is a sneek peek of what it is along with something else I sculpted out of styrofoam.

·
Ian
99 Posts
A Race track in the desert with the pyramids its got to be Las Vegas! Wow just think what else you can add the Stratosphere the Strip itself! Fantastic Idea, Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are a couple updated pics of the completed pyramid, also a close up to see the texture the blocks have when they come out of the mold. Still have 2 more to make and add some palm trees to complete the theme.

·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts
A desert track is something a bit different from the norm. Have you thought about putting inclines and sand dunes on it?
Or some 1/32 camels and beduin tribes people? Or even some broken Raid vehicles half buried in the sand?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Moving right along, I started making some palm trees last night. I used some fake plant leaves, 22 gauge floral wire and made the trunk from brown felt. So here is my first scratchbuilt tree.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks again for all the compliments, its really apprieciated.
I also wanted to share the sitte where I got the pyramid mold. It has tons of great tips for scenery. Although most on a smaller scale it can be applied to to our hobby also. Check out the tips and tricks page. Hirst Arts Fantasy Achitecture

·
Registered
459 Posts
The claim about pyramids keeping razors sharpened is true.

Likewise, if you build a larger pyramid with a tunnel so the cars can drive through it, it will maintain the motor magnets at maximum strength and your cars will perform better.

Also, I built a pyramid over the bed in our bedroom, and I won't go into the details here, but I will tell you that Mrs. Swisher is a very happy woman.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have been slacking off on the track lately but recently started back at it again. I finally got all 3 pyramids finished and setup on the track in the correct position. I also ordered a new mold for egyptian wall blocks to make barrier walls around the track. Took a few shots while inbetween painting blocks. I am still working on a background for the wall also. Gotta get back to painting...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.