SlotForum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been resurrecting my old desert track back and decided to try a new theme for it. I found a supplier that makes molds for structures to use for role playing type games and although a smaller scale you can build them bigger to whatever size you would want. Each cast makes 8 main blocks and 3 corner blocks so I have been busy with plaster for most of last week and whenever I could sqeeze it in. It has taken a total of 308 blocks and about 7lbs+ of plaster and I still have 2 more of these to make yet. It should be very different for the layout when everything is done. Here is a sneek peek of what it is along with something else I sculpted out of styrofoam.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are a couple updated pics of the completed pyramid, also a close up to see the texture the blocks have when they come out of the mold. Still have 2 more to make and add some palm trees to complete the theme.

·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts
A desert track is something a bit different from the norm. Have you thought about putting inclines and sand dunes on it?
Or some 1/32 camels and beduin tribes people? Or even some broken Raid vehicles half buried in the sand?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Moving right along, I started making some palm trees last night. I used some fake plant leaves, 22 gauge floral wire and made the trunk from brown felt. So here is my first scratchbuilt tree.

·
Registered
459 Posts
The claim about pyramids keeping razors sharpened is true.

Likewise, if you build a larger pyramid with a tunnel so the cars can drive through it, it will maintain the motor magnets at maximum strength and your cars will perform better.

Also, I built a pyramid over the bed in our bedroom, and I won't go into the details here, but I will tell you that Mrs. Swisher is a very happy woman.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have been slacking off on the track lately but recently started back at it again. I finally got all 3 pyramids finished and setup on the track in the correct position. I also ordered a new mold for egyptian wall blocks to make barrier walls around the track. Took a few shots while inbetween painting blocks. I am still working on a background for the wall also. Gotta get back to painting...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.