SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I don't know if this has been brought up before but i will ask:

What music would you choose to go with racing your favorite car on your favorite slot car tack?

My personal choice would be the tune from that old advert with the horses chacing the surfers in the sea. Does anyone know what it is called?

Doug

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
When I had a silver Ford Puma, Lalo Schriffen's Theme From Bullitt was my choice for driving around the mean hilly streets of Dudley.

Coop

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb.
It may not be condusive to fast frantic racing, but it sure sounds good...

Philip

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
I almost always have music playing when I'm running on the track. But I have no specific tune or band that I really favour. For very mellow times, breaking in a car or lapping just for the pleasure of seeing a car circulate, maybe something like Allan Parsons Project - Secret Garden (a tune I once used as background music for a motorsport slide video). For hot laps, something like ZZ Top - She's Got Legs!

And, like Philip, plenty of Pink Floyd at any time!

·
Registered
265 Posts
For hot racing, "Roy's Toy" (Jeff Beck), actually anything off the last three Beck's works well for me. Floyd for racing or just about anything is a sure bet. Prodigy as mentioned, can really pump up the track tension during those long enduros. Anyone tried a good neo-surf on the track? AquaVelvets or Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet? Good stuff
.\

Rockin' around the track!!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea i forgot about the prodigy for me it would be prodigy - smack my bitch up.

Does anyone know what the music to that Guinness advert with the horses coming out of the sea and the surfers getting some hang time?

Doug

·
David Moss
461 Posts
Oow, now you're asking! For some mellow, fast lapping I'd say Hawkwind - Silvermachine. If you're trying for a lap record then it would have to be Bomber by Motorhead! (Can't you just tell I'm a Metalhead
)

Bacardibeast

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have my pc set up with a hard drive dedicated to MP3's. I have approx 10500 tracks ranging from Abba to ZZ top. My favroites run by anything guitar based, however I have a tendancy not to have music playing when Im racing.
I have a number of cd's in my car, with tunes I like to drive to. Im currently revisiting the 70's with "Ma Baker" and "Rasputin" from Boney M..... a bit of Car wash etc etc etc.
Maybe next week it will be something different...
Cheers
CoolS

1 - 20 of 21 Posts