SlotForum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
5,903 Posts
As few observations from my experience in the garage.

Watch raised sections leading into corners. I've just sussed that I have a bridge before a bend and while I'm lifting off (i.e. braking) the cars go light and some just skip out the slot and career into the wall. The guide blade isn't that deep and the torque reversal relatively large.

Little straights between bends are annoying since they aren't long enough to do anything other than upset the balance of the car. Try to have definite curves and bends. Minimum length of straight, if poss., of two full pieces.

Sweeping lefts and rights are best, but space a problem I know. I have a layout with big U bends which is good - including a R1 sport hairpin. Fun and a varying challenge of all types of car, and good for racing, but boring on your own.

Avoid chicanes, crossovers and the like if you want to race. If, like me, you're on your own mostly then consider all sorts of stuff like sliding curves and Good wood chicanes. You de-slot more, especially if racing, but more character and so likely to keep you attention for longer.

In shot, build anything then mess about until you're happy.

Good luck.
Scott

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.