SlotForum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
It seems to be Arii season no? Here is, FINALLY after 9 months at least, my rendition of the Arii Nissan Skyline Kit.

It sits on a Sakatsu Pegasus Chassis with Sakatsu FK100 motor and SSH wheels on 3mm axles with Ninco inserts cut down from old wheels (Perfect fit!)
Lights are from Overdrive and decals to order from 'Iceman'

Needs regearing as it lacks top end but it is smooth and fun to drive.

Why the thank you to the three guys above?

Well..

THANK YOU to Russell because it was his generosity that got the kit and chassis in my grubby mitts in the first place, See I promised it would not go to waste my friend.

THANK YOU to KikO for reminding me it was in my 'to do' box

and finally

THANK YOU to 'thomas' for reminding me it had been sitting unfinished bar a little hard graft (turning wheels down for inserts and truing tyres) for sooo long!

Oh yeah! and thanks to all those who helped me choose wheels for it ages ago!! Remember?

Enjoy!

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I forget where I ordered them but they are actually '1/24 Mini' and sold as Sakatsu Chassis although they are actually Pegasus (might be one and the same).
Russell will know for sure as I think he put me in touch with them last time.

Very nice beginers chassis needing just a little set up and adjustment, no mag but very smooth and lots of tuning options regarding running gear.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used the Kit lenses Gecko, they are nicely detailed.

Here is what the chassis looks like from inside plus light placement and how I fitted the chassis.

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
Sweet.

Come on, rtr people. Think how many of these babies you could shift in OZ, Japan and a little corner of the UK!

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
VERY nice work, Allan! Great photography too!

I picked up the Sakatsu Pegasus chassis when I was on a business trip to Tokyo, but they can be obtained from Jen's Scale Racing in Germany.

The wheelbase is variable from 94mm to 115mm. The chassis comes assembled complete with a F100 motor, 4 aluminium rims, hard and soft sponge tires, gear and pinion, 2 stainless steel axles (3mm diameter), guide and braid.

Kind regards

Russell

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
Hey Swiss,any idea what the inside diameter is where the inserts go in on those wheels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts