SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

A couple of months ago I joined this forum with you great people that compart with me this marvelous hobby.
The time arrives and I want to start the construction of my track, the space is limited (3 meters x 1.5 meters approx.), I have a plan for the future for the construction of a more big track if I'll find people interesting in this activity.

1. I'll contruct it for 2 slots, seems to me that in this space this is the correct way.
  2. The track will be digitalized in some functions.
  3. I do not feel so sure if I want to construct it with the slots unparallel in the curves or not, what do you think?
  4. I do not decide yet what kind of decoration I'll do, may some thing desertic.
Please see the two pics with the idea. Feedbacks are welcome.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Hi Ernesto,

Welcome. I am sure you will find people very helpful on here.

As for your track width. I always feel that a track that is wide enough for cars to overtake but not the width of a 4-lane track seems about right for the scale.

My son and I really like Digital too. We feel it adds another dimension.

It sounds like you are planning to rout a track from wood. That gives you freedom to vary the distance between lanes. I guess others on here have experience of that.

Look forward to seeing how it develops.

David

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi David,

Thank you for your observations, I'll continue posting the advances in the construction.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi!

I want to update some advance of the track finally I try to do it for two slots and first of all I want to say thank you to Beejay7 and Chris Frost for they sites, I receive great information from them.

I want to thank you all of you participants of this medium because all this pages are a motive of inspiration in making the future of the track.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi all!

I finished the conection of the power supply-controllers. The power supply is a simple 12 Volts 2 Amper that I build for myself, fuse protected, this is enough for the begining I think, because of the dimensions of the track and the character of the competitions that I"m planing, in the future may be possible to switch to a regulated PS.

The controllers are two simply Parmas 35 ohm and after check the all thing I am very satisfied with the results and some neighbours that saw the track are waiting for the begining of the racings.

Now I will start with the scenery and the finish I have a lot of ideas after seeing the great works of other people in the forum.

The next pic is the conection box.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Kev,

Patience, patience is the key of the sucess... you will see it.

Have a nice weekend.

·
Brad Korando / Brad Korando
1,089 Posts
Welcome to SlotForum Ernesto. It looks like you're jumping in with both feet, and that's great! I noticed that your first post in this thread mentions a desertic theme for the scenery. One of the best of this sort that I recall is the Dakar track built by fellow SlotForum member rallyhub. Click HERE to take a look at it for scenery ideas.

Keep up the fine work,
Brad

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brad thank you for your compliments, I saw the work of the Dakar track and it is some thing marvelous, after seeing your works I think that they are very fine too and I can take them as example, no doubt.

I was thinking that the diorama of my track will be more representative of my area in the spring season because it is less desertic and more greeny and this give more posibilities.

Any way slowly slowly I'll work on it and update the advances.

Thank you again.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you Graham!

Wow I see your thread of Castello slot racing and it is fabulous!!!, a lot of things to learn,
Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hello to all people.

Too much time I left this topic but not the forum, the advances on my track are very slow but the fact is that it is so much things to do and so little time for... anyway in the last time finished the mountains of the track, one tree
, and two cars that I scratch build , with the PCS 32 chassis and toys that I found in a toys store of 3 for a dollar
. The fact is that some of my friends are interesting in bring they families to see the new thing, so I was thinking that better is to build someting chip for demonstrations and when some one will want to buy we will buy more quantities and the shipping will be more convenient, what do you thing?

Now we have a web site too (sorry, only in hebrew for now), I hope to inform there all the things that I can about the hobby for the people that do not know it here ( the majority)

As you see a lot of work for the hobby, I hope the Israel will wake up to this fantastic thing, I try with all my forces.

Okay stop the words and display some pics:

Very simple for now, I started working for some scenery, people and a history for the diorama, all this will come soon... or far
I dont know, we'll see

Good bay to every one for now

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Datto and Embs!

No the cars there are Ferrari 250GTO (in restauration and a Charger, my next project)

Embs thanks for your words, I saw your tread of the track and I loved it. Lots of works there !!

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Hi Ernesto,

Sorry, I missed your thread till today.
The starting of your desert track looks very promising.
After RallyP made his splendid desert track, I am now very curious about your results.

It is very nice to see that you have started such kind of track.
I hope the already existing desert tracks have worked like a catalyst.
In this way, perhaps even more people will start to build their own desert track.

Keep on the good work, and please show us some more pictures of your next progress.

rallyhub

·
Alan Tadd
4,048 Posts
Very nice work Ernesto.....The desert theme looks superb and should turn out to be a very interesting layout.

Take a look at David Reinecke's original track which had a semi-desert theme, you might find it interesting. Here is a link :- David's First Layout. He has now gone down the routed route for hos second layout.

Keep up the good work and keep posting progress reports.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you all,

I promise that I'll publish my advances with the track, but please be patient because as you see I'm involved in a lot of activities regarding slot car in my country.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hello!
A lot of time has passing since the last time that I wrote in this thread, I was so occupied with the promotion of slot cars in my country that I has almost no time in building new models or carry on the decoration of my track, in mean time we start the construction of the first professional track in the country, it will be constructed in a place near the tourism city of Eilat and it is a medium track for four slots but with all the requisites of a slot car analog track, news about that I will publish in a new thread, I hope that this will be the start of a new era of the hobby here.

Anyway now all of you can see a little progress with the diorama of my track, I built the pit lane.

I did it with materials that I have in home time along and trying to not expense too much money in the construction. The most of the materials was cardboard, wood sticks and polystyrene.
For the stairways I built a model of balsa and cardboard and did it with resin because in this manner I have the option of duplicate the model in the future with another stairways if will be the necessity.
The building remembers the constructions of the surrounding area of my city, next build will be the grand stand and after that some desertic scenes, please be patient.
I want to tell you that this is the first time in my life that I build a diorama and because one picture is better that thousand words please see them, comments are welcome.

The building finished:

The bridge

Some details of the construction of the pit lane. The walls

Start of the control room

The tiles of the roof

The construction of the stairways

The model before a resin

The mold

Little troubles with the mold, it is the first time that I do it, next time will be better, the little defect has almost no effect in the final results.

The final pics

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.