SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
10,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A resin bodyshell I bought at Gaydon last weekend that has served as a receptacle for pencil shavings since. With a view to creating something a little more useful, I've started trying to build it into some kind of slot 'car'. More anon and thank you for looking.
Wood Table Hardwood Tableware Recipe

·
Registered
10,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With such wide wheels and tyres, a lot of resin had to be ground away to accommodate the rolling chassis. Shortening the axles wasn't much fun, either. It never is.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Laurence, is just me or it seems a bit smaller than 1:32 ? Nice project btw👍🏼

·
Registered
10,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It could be a little smaller, Daniel, but I think it looks a little underscale because the body is mounted very low down on the chassis. I'll get a clearer idea when the body is mounted properly.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
S'Cool lookin' bus! :cool:

I agree with your colour choice so far Laurence. It looks like your subconscious is leaning towards a shade of blue to somewhat match the trailer. Like the one spotted at Silverstone above?

·
Registered
122 Posts
My brother brought his “Porsche” Bus to my house for Thanksgiving. More fun to race than expected, though we had some clearance issues at one spot on my track that required literal hand-holding. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
My brother brought his “Porsche” Bus to my house for Thanksgiving. More fun to race than expected, though we had some clearance issues at one spot on my track that required literal hand-holding. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
I had to raise the bridge on my circuit to make room for my VW bus. With a metal body, performance is just awful!
Mike
Wheel Tire Vehicle Bus Motor vehicle

·
Registered
10,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for reminding me about the 'Porsche' VW Bus. I might crib the livery for my resin creature if I can find the appropriate Porsche transfers.

I'm also reminded to get on with this project.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Thanks for reminding me about the 'Porsche' VW Bus. I might crib the livery for my resin creature if I can find the appropriate Porsche transfers.

I'm also reminded to get on with this project.
Yes - it needs to run!
I can make you some decals if you want - I’ve still got the file. They’re on white decal paper with a printed red background as I don’t have a white printer.
Mike

1 - 20 of 71 Posts