SlotForum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am thinking off buying the A2m Ferrari 250 SWB, has anyone seen this one for real and is it any good.

It was released at the same time as the slotclassic 250swb (is the a2m a recast?)

A2m linka2m 250 swb

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
I have this body, as soon as I find it I'll post some pics.

The quality isn't the same as a Topslot, MMK, or Slot Classic etc and will need quite a bit of work to get it looking good. The are no vac form windows, this car comes with a flat sheet to form your own. At less than £10 though its an option for me as I like working on bodies.

The service from A2M was excellent and their English was very good too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
... Hello, the quality does not have anything to see, but for the price not this one badly.
I you put a few photos

...regards

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info,

Looking at het pictures the cast is good enough to me,
i will give it a go.

Ps any pic's on their wire wheels?

·
Registered
29 Posts
The rims that sell in the web of A2M are of the brand Pink Kar, I recommend to you the Ninco or Cartrix that are very nice.

regards

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
hi,
funny you should mention this. I just got an A2M 250 SWB because I was so jazzed by the Slot Classic issue (and David Lawson's dark blue beauty a while back!). The inside surface is a lot smoother than Quemazda's pic (not sure that it matters, but info anyway *grin*) And the exterior detail is fairly crisp. All in all, I think it is well worth the $8 or so I paid for it. I am intending to put a Pendle PCS32 chassis under it with Ninco classic wheels, 15k rpm Mabuchi etc...pretty much the running guts of a Slot Classic as I see it.

good luck with yours!!

John

PS the only problem is finding an historic SWB that hasn't already been done to death. I am tempted to create a fictitious paint scheme and let it go at that. Any novel historic ideas/pics would be welcome!

PPS. thanks to Quemazda for showing both cars side by side...lots of good info there!!! (so what happened with the rear window anyway??)

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Great pictures, i wondered how it compared in size to the slot classic version.

Still haven't found mine yet
I think it may have been thrown out with all the christmas rubbish somehow along with my resilient resin TR59/60 body. I've conducted a full investigation at my house but get a look something like this
or this
when I ask if anyone has seen them!

·
Registered
29 Posts
A few photos with Slot Classic's rims.

... Also I am useful to show you Ferraris couple of the mark Slot Iberica. This mark is the one that constructs the cars for the distributor A2M.

...kind regards

1 - 8 of 8 Posts