Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
Yes , The orginal AA bodys were manufactured by myself and Dave Yerbury and supplied through Pendle, I think Dave still knocks a few out now he has his own vac forming equipment At the time we made them they filed a hole in the market as cheap resin kits wernt around and most vacforms were semi scale They can look quite goodwhen built up but obviously lack some of the detail found in a resin , Make a hell of an improvement to performance though which in particular were you loking at

·
Alan Tadd
4,029 Posts
Shame Graham...there are some wonderful shells in that range, the ERA is superb looking, how about some resin shells from the original series....Is it possible?

Regards

Alan

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
Havent een that one Richard must have been one Dave did after he got his own vac former can you post a link

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the Cooper Bristol & the Lister Jaguar. While they are not of a detailed resin standard, they are good fibreglass models. They need a little work, but a reasonable model can be made with a fair level of detail. The exhaust on the Cooper is good. My modelling skills are not that good, but even I achieved a satisfactory result. Sorry I don't have any photos. I would recommend getting one to try. There have also been articles in the NSCC magazine recently.

Regards

Geoff

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
I have known Dave Yerbury for over 20 years - he is a great guy.

The shells he makes are mostly for his own amusement but he is happy to sell a few to recoup some of the costs.

I have some myself and they make perfectly acceptable slot-cars, although obviously not up to manufacturer standard.

You might also be interested to know that he will make virtually any 'historic' car you want provided you can supply him with the relevant photos, drawings and/or dimensions.

He is not particularly enamoured of modern technology so the best way to get in touch is to give him a ring on that old fashioned telephone thingy. Send me a pm or email if you want his number.

He does like to chat a bit about racing cars so it probably won't be a short phone call!

Brian

G

·
Dave Yerbury is a great guy, the MKV11 Jaguar rail car is one of his bodies I won the body in a rail race at the Brookland event. He is one of the nicest poeple you could wish to deal with.

Jeff.

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
Whoops - forgot to mention - another NSCC member, David Sykes, also produces resin bodyshells.

His range includes: Austin 7 TT Ulster, MG Midget, Bugatti type 251 and and Delage. They are about the same standard as Dave Yerbury's bodies and can be turned into useful slot-cars with a bit of modelling savvy.

His email address is: [email protected]

Brian

·
Registered
74 Posts
Another fiberglass 1/32 body manufacturer in England is Tony Condon. The trade name is ACME. (All Car Model Equipe)See his website at: http://uk.geocities.com/historicslot/index.html
I have several, to include the best (I have ever seen) Lotus 18. There is also a new Connaught Syracuse, and latest is a 1947 Porsche design Cisitalia GP car.
The price is very right as well. Pass on the Lotus 19, though. dan

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Hi Richard,

I've just recieved the Ferrari 330 and lotus eleven...

they came with vac form windows (and bonnet cowl for the ferrari). I'm very happy with them and should make a couple of good looking slot cars if I ever get round to it.

Regards,
MAF.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Made a start on these two....

Initial clean up and trial fit on the PCS32 chassis.

I was going to do a lotus eleven from 1957 le mans but these had special head fairings for that race and 'high back' windscreens...

so will attempt the 12hr Sebring car instead.

Regards,
MAF

·
Alan Tadd
4,029 Posts
Excellent Marlon...That's the way to do it...two at a time!.

The Le Mans Lotus does look good, andwould make an impressive Slot Car.

How do you intend to deal with the light units?.

Regards

Alan

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Hi Alan, good question. I was kindly sent some clear sheet by Graham on this forum and will have a go at forming some lenses with this. I'll see how this goes before I cut the lights out of the body just in case it all goes wrong
. If I can't get the fit quite right I might use the excellent duct tape method mentioned in another thread.

If you have any advice on forming these little lenses please let me know.

Marlon.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I posted some pics of the process I used to make the headlight covers for my P4 some time ago- can't find 'em now- maybe someone else can track them down again if it will help. It's dead easy- soften the clear plastic with a hairdryer and push a pre-shaped mould into it. A little resin or silicone cast from the headlight area of your vac shell would be the best way to make the mould. I've made dozens like that- it's fairly foolproof. And if you mess up, nothing's spoiled- you just make a few more.

·
Alan Tadd
4,029 Posts
Marlon

I have been thinking about this recently as I've got the Fibreglass Lister Jag coming up on my project Schedule, with a similar headlight problem.

I was going to try the following:-

1. Form the shape of the lense using clear acrylic sheet moulded over the original.

2. Loose fit some milliput behind the light lense.

3. Ream out the light, (As per my Ferrari 250)

4. Remove the Milliput, paint and fix headlight unit.

5. Permanently attach Milliput to body.

6. Attach new light lenses.

I've tried some stages of this process on other cars I'm currently working on, and although labour intensive it does seem to work reasonably well.

Regards

Alan

1 - 20 of 25 Posts