SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
I have aclient in amarica who wants me to build him a cooper and a kieft 500 formula 3 cars
Knowing that AA bodies did them i tried accessing their website to see what the quality was like and how much they were
all i get is a screen teling me that to find out what AA bodies range is ,i need to purchase a CD that will give me all the info I need
anyone got a telephone number or alternative website

Cheers tony

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a Lola 210 resin body, happy enough with it but a bit taken aback by the £9 carriage charge. I did email to query at the time but got no reply. A pity as I would have probably been in the market for a few more...

I did try to visualise a £25 body delivered FOC but it didn't really work!

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Guys
thanks very much ,once more the forum does its job

Cheers tony

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
I have two of their Can Am bodies, both about 1/29 scale. Need a lot of work to finish and try and make closer to scale.

·
Gerald Lambourn
998 Posts
I bought the C-type Jaguar and Maserati 450S in resin, they are terribly heavy, I have lightened them by cutting out the cockpit but the Maserati is still much heavier than the same model from Betta. I don't know if AA's fibreglass offering would be lighter, should be as the composite construction allows for less resin than the modern urethane resin/filler system.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
I'm embarrassed to admit that I'd never heard of these people.

If I ever get around to making a sports car series they might be very useful.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I have nine AA Bodies on my Le Mans 1955 starting grid:

#11 Cooper T38 (AA 56)
#15 Maserati 300S (AA 32)
#16 Maserati 300S (AA 32)
#32 Bristol 450/C (AA 52)
#33 Bristol 450/C (AA 52)
#34 Bristol 450/C (AA 52)
#47 Cooper T39 (AA 17)
#48 Lotus IX (AA 37)
#60 Stanguellini 750 (AA 53 - original born as an OSCA)

With PCS32 chassis I find they drive reasonable well.

This is why I for years have begged them to offer a Frazer Nash Sebring shell, so that I could include #35 + 36 on the above grid. I have not given up hope yet!

/Holger

1 - 9 of 9 Posts