SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Carrera's FAQQUOTE When PRO-X points, PRO-X Pit Stop Lane(s) or PRO-X lap counters are
being used in a Digital 132 set, only PRO-X mode can be used. PRO-X
points are not able to recognise the various gaming modi. All the new
cars run in PRO-X mode. To run the cars in Digital132 mode it is
necessary to replace all the old system components.What do they mean here? Does D132 have "intelligent" points? Or what is it?

·
Bruce Yingling
1,604 Posts
QUOTE (Erik M @ 13 Oct 2011, 06:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>From Carrera's FAQWhat do they mean here? Does D132 have "intelligent" points? Or what is it?

D132 product no longer has a Pro-X compatability mode. The first 2-3 years of D132/D124, all product shipped with a built in Pro-X mode that would let it run on Pro-X track. You could also run your early D132 Black Box in Pro-X mode and use your Pro-X product.

That is no longer the case. Current Carrera digital product no longer supports Pro-X. Pro-X cars will not run on current D132 tracks, and current D132 cars will not run on Pro-X track.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"...not able to recognise the various gaming modi."

That was what I meant. How does the way you set up the race impact on the point's use?

·
Bruce Yingling
1,604 Posts
QUOTE (Erik M @ 13 Oct 2011, 13:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>"...not able to recognise the various gaming modi."

That was what I meant. How does the way you set up the race impact on the point's use?

I have no idea what 'points' are. Your machine translation of the FAQ from one language to another (and maybe then to English?) doesn't really make much sense.

In the first quoted section of your original post, I suspected that 'points' were lane changers, since the pit stop lane and the lap counter were mentioned along with them.

The 'various gaming modi' refers, I think, to the fact that early D132 equipment could be operated in Pro-X mode or D132 mode. D132 equipment could tell the difference between the two, but Pro-X equipment could not. The only use for 'Pro-X mode' is to allow Pro-X cars, lane changers, pit lanes, and lap counters to function. They do not function properly- or in some cases, not at all- in a pure D132 environment.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I only use cerebral translation. So it would be Carrera that made that translation.

A point is for example what a rail-road use to change from one line to another. Also commonly the name for the so called lane changers. Anyway...

...I believe you're absolutely right about translation.

"... Die PRO-X Weichen können nicht die unterschiedlichen Spielmodi erkennen. ..."

I also think the translation is fairly accurate, but the answer in the FAQ is missing the point of the question.
And that there's a difference between "gaming modes" and "operational modes", and i hope they really thought of the latter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts