SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
This guy, Milan Tomasek, makes some wonderful scratchbuilt, NOT kits, r-t-r cars

The pic above is credited to Milan, I don't have a pic handy of the Courage C60 that he built for me.

His site takes you through the entire process of him building one of his cars... If you see anything you like, they're all for sale at VERY reasonable rates (50 euro or thereabouts...)

http://www.mtr32.host.sk/en.htm

Regards,

-Rob

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Thank you Rob. This guy's work is superb.

How do you pay him?. I would certainly like some of his models.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE How do you pay him?

I suggest you establish contact via email first and foremost to see what payment options are currently available. At the time I ordered mine, the options included international bank transfer, or sending cash (euros) direct to him via registered mail.

Regards

-Rob

ps I definitely 'feel' a 2003 ProDrive Ferrari 550 coming on...
Must resist......

·
Beppe Giannini
1,696 Posts
rr3.9

thanks for bringing it back - this guy really deserves it
BTW : cars are all 1/32, right ?

Beppe

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE BTW : cars are all 1/32, right ?

Y'know... I'd never really thought about it
but, I believe they all are.

The clues:

His business is called mtr32.

All his cars are built to the same scale for running in his private ALMS/GT re-enactments.

My Courage C60 was definitely 1/32 scale.

I am not trying to be facetious with the above statements
, just stating what I know to be true.... If in doubt, drop the guy an email

Incidentally, leading on from a couple of the points above, each one of his cars (that I've seen) is supplied in a beautiful hand made box, with it's race history detailed on the base of the plinth.

Regards,

-Rob

·
Beppe Giannini
1,696 Posts
Yes, the reason I asked is that the first time I heard about him (on SCI) it was for the review of an (extremely nice) 1/24 car - it's unbelievable what he could recycle !

Beppe

·
Registered
759 Posts
Thanks a lot for posting this link Rob! Truely amazing what this guy does! Very interesting reading how he makes them up, must be a very time consuming process! And they come out stunning too

Toby

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some pics of the Courage C60 that milan built for me...

A look over the driver's shoulder at the dash and telemetry

The business end

What Henri Pescarolo hopes his competitors see most of

-Rob

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A miniature update-ette....

Milan has updated his site to make ordering somewhat more straightforward. There's now an order form with payment options, and a queue with details of your order as it comes into the build process.

-Rob

ps In the queue of customers I noticed a familiar name - jonny s

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
HI Rob,

Yes that`s me! Big thanks to you for highlighting this site etc. Cannot believe the price, quality looks superb and best of all he is making cars I can`t find anywhere else.

My main ambition is to ask him to make the Master motorsport Ultima I sponsor for the British GT Championship. If he is happy to do that I`ve got an order for 200 club members ready!

Thanks again, I`ll report once I`ve received the cars. Once again big thanks Ireckon you deserve a `Gong` for pointing this out mate. Really grateful.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I checked out his website loved what i saw and dispite being into scratch building myself i ordered 2

Great stuff
Wayneslot

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
HI Wayne,

What did you order mate? Fancy pitting them against each other in a one make lass race meeting?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Jonny S
I ordered 2 Ferrari 550's
I would happily get together for a race when they arrive

Where are you based? I live in Teesside work in Wilmslow

Wayneslot

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I ordered the 1992 Le Mans Jaguar and Porsche. Based in the Midlands at Phoenix Scalextric Circuit but happy to travel mate. I`m interested to see how these cars race. If it`s as good as they look we are in for a treat. I`m gonna get what else I need asap cos I can see this lad being snapped up by a firm or at the very least someone offering to distribute for him and then we will see a hike in the price. Oh what`s that I can hear....? That`ll be Paul leyser at SRA asking for his number!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE I`m gonna get what else I need asap cos I can see this lad being snapped up by a firm or at the very least someone offering to distribute for him and then we will see a hike in the price.

OH NO!! What have I done?

-Rob

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Yeah! Told my Mrs it`s your fault mate so look out!! She made me swear New Year to cut down on new cars. Trick is she didn`t mention scratch builds did she?
Seeing as you put us up to it i reckon you oughta get yours on the track with us too. where are you Rob?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE Seeing as you put us up to it i reckon you oughta get yours on the track with us too. where are you Rob?

Wrexham - I'm Clerk of the Course for Wrexham Slot Car Club - t'other Rob (inte) is secretary.

I'd be reasonably keen to try out the track at your place
Tho' finding a place that'd be convenient for all of Milan's customers on the forum will be a nightmare. I heard some chap named Thomas Wanner
has ordered a few from him too....

-Rob

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Thomas is a good man and a bit fast off the start line with that one. You old fox Thomas keeping that quiet! Good news about your location as even if we cant make 31st we are sorting out a meet at Phoenix between clubs asap.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts