SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This model has been built using an RSSlotracing resin body shell with a few of my own detailing additions. Chassis is also by RSSlotracing, motor is slimline BWA and gear/pinion are Slot.it.

The model is not based upon any particular racing AC Ace, but is intended to represent how one may have appeared during the 1950s period.

37435404984_5d03dfcf41_c.jpg

26368507039_e2af1c942b_c.jpg

37435390264_f3f9a3f9b0_c.jpg

38113489072_c898e7cb05_c.jpg

Thank you for looking.

·
ParrotGod
8,201 Posts
Very neat finishing. Can I see some pics of the chassis?

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
It's been a while Dave but well worth the wait to see this masterpiece.

David

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
That is such a great build. I have to say the detailed driver makes it. Is it the livery of a real car? I am always curious of a build's history.

·
Al Schwartz
3,392 Posts
Excellent build! I'm very familiar with the 1:1 from the old days. I have 2 AC shells in the "next" pile. This may be just the inspiration I need to go from "thinking about it" to metal bashing.

EM

·
Gordon Steadman
6,888 Posts
I was about to embarrass myself and ask why, with all that detailing, you had missed the doorhandles!!!! I thought I had better check the images
ermm.gif

However, I do wonder how the doors get to be opened if the tonneau cover is fixed down or the hood up with the windows closed. Must have made life a little awkward. I assume it was one of those lovely bits of wire that you pulled like on the early Mini?

Nice to show my ignorance occasionally.....(well, not TOO occasionally)

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the kind messages. The body is painted using Halfords 'Vauxhall Reed Green'. Halfords 'Ford Highland Green' is also a very similar shade, should Reed Green not be available.

Dave

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Dave - just gorgeous!! I cannot believe you are sending this away for a proxy!!! :) :) (it would stay locked up in glass case if I had it :) )

·
Al Schwartz
3,392 Posts
However, I do wonder how the doors get to be opened if the tonneau cover is fixed down or the hood up with the windows closed. Must have made life a little awkward. I assume it was one of those lovely bits of wire that you pulled like on the early Mini?
No windows - side curtains, probably with a hinged flap at the bottom and yes, it was a bit of plastic covered wire

EM

1 - 20 of 20 Posts