SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

· Registered
210 Posts
REIMS!!

For all those who are looking for accurate buildings for this track---check out this Forum listing--simply amazing in detail AND there are drawings for a 1/32 complete buildings!!! He has done others--modern and vintage--I have a complete set of drawings for LeMans with stands also. Take the time to check these out!!!!! Here is the link:

http://folm.xooit.com/t10346-NOUVEAU-CIRCUIT-FOLM.htm

Howard

· Registered
16 Posts
Here is what I am aiming for in a "more or less" accurate circuit using Scalextric digital. I had to cut a couple of pieces to get the right effect, but not too much. I found that with 4 different radii to choose from, I could simulate fairly well the turns of the real circuit. However, due to size limitations of the room, I actually had to adjust a few angles in a bit, so it's not entirely accurate, but close enough to give the flavor of the real thing. The real one has 20 turns, and this one has 19, only because the big U-shaped turn is counted as 2 turns on the real track. If you don't recognize this track, it's because it hasn't been completed or raced on yet. It is the soon to be open Circuit of the Americas (CotA) which will host the US F1 Gran Prix this November.

Here it is so far, though I will be adding elevation.

This track will be available to race in the first of May 2012

· Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Here's another reasonably accurate version of a real circuit:

The big problem is always the long, wide radius curve. The start-finish straight at this circuit was curved for most of its length. I get over it by cutting the widest radius commercially available pieces in half, thus getting just about 10 degrees of curve per piece. It still creates a 50p piece type situation (apologies to non-Brits who wouldn't know what a 50p piece looks like.)

It's not possible to take the section flat out but it's pretty quick.

Lap times with my old Johnson-powered 1959 F.1 cars is around 9 seconds.

· Registered
1,742 Posts
Hello Barry,

Reading about your trouble making slightly curved straights in plastic track, you might consider the use of some polistil track parts. I recently opened a topic about it:

http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=63698

you can cut the pieces to single lane too, and for a smooth transition between brands there's the option of using a Scalextric to Ninco converter piece.

Gotta love your tracks!

Merc

· Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
The last circuit is Montjuic Park - in Spain, yes, but not Madrid. Montjuic is in Barcelona and the roads are there today for anyone who visits that lovely city, to walk around, as I did four years ago.

· Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
O.K, step forward all smart-a***s and clever-d***s. This is a pretty accurate replica of a real circuit, but can you identify it. And a poke in the eye with a sharp stick to anyone who dares to say Spa!

· Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I wondered if someone would eventually ask!

It's the Douglas circuit on the Isle of Man and it was used for the British Empire Trophy race in the late 1940s - before the government decided that cars would not be allowed to race on public roads any more.

The start and finish straight (where the yellow straight is on my plan) was part of the T.T. circuit and used the same pit area. It was a very nice circuit to drive slot cars on, though not as enjoyable as Oulton Park (post 34).

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.