SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes... a bit of a workaround, but it works.:)
A color sensor is looking at the top bar of the Magic app on a TV.
When the bar is blue is reads the color, and via an Arduino turns on RED on an RGB strip.
When the bar is WHITE it turns GREEN colors on. And when it reads YELLOW the RGB turns to......YELLOW;)
The sensor is mounted in a 3D printed housing, and set in a position on the TV where the colors change.
The Arduino is handling the color translation.
I have cut up a strip in segments and mounted these in a 3D printed lamppost. These are placed around the track.
And there are also a RGB strip under the edge of the table.

A little fun project that adds an extra dimension to the track.

Rectangle Display device Electronic device Shade Font

Window Font Display device Electronic signage Signage

Font Display device Electronic signage Signage Rectangle

Water Green Light Automotive lighting Swimming pool

·
ParrotGod
9,867 Posts
Really cool hack ;-)
Also the placement of the sensor in front of the screen is not blocking any race info!

Reactions: Dr_C

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Yes... a bit of a workaround, but it works.:)
A color sensor is looking at the top bar of the Magic app on a TV.
When the bar is blue is reads the color, and via an Arduino turns on RED on an RGB strip.
When the bar is WHITE it turns GREEN colors on. And when it reads YELLOW the RGB turns to......YELLOW;)
The sensor is mounted in a 3D printed housing, and set in a position on the TV where the colors change.
The Arduino is handling the color translation.
I have cut up a strip in segments and mounted these in a 3D printed lamppost. These are placed around the track.
And there are also a RGB strip under the edge of the table.

A little fun project that adds an extra dimension to the track.

View attachment 287813
View attachment 287814
View attachment 287815
View attachment 287816
I would like to put some yellow flag warning lights by my track. Would you be willing to share the circuit diagram and arduino sketch please? I fully understand if not. Thanks.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would like to put some yellow flag warning lights by my track. Would you be willing to share the circuit diagram and arduino sketch please? I fully understand if not. Thanks.
Sure- give me a couple of days to gather the info needed.
Do however be prepared to adjust the color reading values from the sensor. Other screens might give different results when reading the three colors.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Sure- give me a couple of days to gather the info needed.
Do however be prepared to adjust the color reading values from the sensor. Other screens might give different results when reading the three colors.
Thank you very much indeed. It will keep me tinkering this winter!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi slotterkeith
I did plan to upload all the files (including 3D print) in a .zip file. But it seems that the site does not allow this any more.
As i use a 12V RGB for lights and the arduino does not handle that i have build a small board with mosfets and resistors.
Diagram left pic, component spec. here (1.50)
The color sensor is the adafruit TCS34725 RGB sensor, diagram to the right.
I have used a UNO but a Nano should do the job fine.
The code is attached as a .txt file. This is a very first edition and need some "polishing", but it does function.
I plan to try a slow flashing of the yellow lights, in a updated version.

Hope this works for you :)

Passive circuit component Circuit component Product Hardware programmer Rectangle
Rectangle Font Circuit component Hardware programmer Audio equipment

Electrical wiring Circuit component Line Electricity Wood

Attachments

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Hi slotterkeith
I did plan to upload all the files (including 3D print) in a .zip file. But it seems that the site does not allow this any more.
As i use a 12V RGB for lights and the arduino does not handle that i have build a small board with mosfets and resistors.
Diagram left pic, component spec. here (1.50)
The color sensor is the adafruit TCS34725 RGB sensor, diagram to the right.
I have used a UNO but a Nano should do the job fine.
The code is attached as a .txt file. This is a very first edition and need some "polishing", but it does function.
I plan to try a slow flashing of the yellow lights, in a updated version.

Hope this works for you :)

View attachment 288622 View attachment 288623

View attachment 288632
Good morning. This is a brilliant description Klitgaard! I have seen a colour sensor in use on YouTube but never tried one myself so this will be a great new experience. I have a UNO already doing nothing at the moment. Thank you very much indeed for taking the time and trouble to prepare this information so clearly.
With kind regards. Keith.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts