SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Rich,
you've done it again - I wish I had a dollar for every time I looked at the early saloon boards and wondered what all the unused pads were for...

well, now we know!!

Awesome - will have to take a look at my shelf now too.

·
Registered
220 Posts
QUOTE (RichG @ 18 Jun 2005, 18:40)Now I have toyed with Yellow Led's in the exhaust pipes that flash on briefly as you lift off
I think Slot.it do this
or is this an Led too far.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rich,
I'm definately going to play with this, although had planned using the F1 chip, but will revert to the saloon chip now to make this happen (couldn't see anything on the F1 chip during a brief look in one of my recent conversions).

OK, as for the yellow exhaust flames... well, we all have off days sometimes don't we, even you it seems
Yes, it would be an LED too far!

Overdrive make those yellow flame options, can be added to some of their light board kits... but never has it even been close to something i've thought worthwhile.

Cheers - keep up the good stuff, and no more dumb ideas please, you've had yours now for 2005!!

Mike

·
Registered
220 Posts
QUOTE (RichG @ 23 Jun 2005, 21:12)OK you know me. This is not the easiest option but for me is the most elegant and the way I would go.

Still based on the GT40 front light board. The Mini rear light board is bound to be different can someone post one up?

Rich,
as requested, here is a pic of the mini rear light board - hope the clarity is OK.

Cheers, following this thread with interest.

Mike

I edited the picture to shrink it 'tvwino'. Please can you keep your pictures to 600 pixels wide so the rest of use don't need multiple linked monitors to see the picture? thanks!

·
Registered
220 Posts
QUOTE (RichG @ 23 Jun 2005, 22:01)Hi Mike

Thanks for the picture. Just need to confirm where the tracks go,

Can you confirm that the tracks in Red are right.

In particular the connection to the - point.

The tracks in Blue are confusing me can you confirm that they do not connect to the Led's, and that I have got the Led tracks right.

Richard
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rich,
your assumptions on the track layout are spot on - although the reason you were confused and have outlined the blue tracks is that the light patches are actually the board, the dark patches are the tracks. So to answer your question, the blue doesn't go anywhere - your red tracks are spot on.
...and the resistors are 1K

N.B. side note to swissracer, and everyone who doesn't have a 50 inch widescreen monitor on their desk - sorry for the size of my picture, didn't think about pixels - just focused on getting it reduced to below 1MB from it's original size.

·
Registered
220 Posts
QUOTE (RichG @ 23 Jun 2005, 22:46)Doh...

Ok that makes a lot more sense now, anyway assumptions were correct.

A series diode, then 1K to the Led fed from 12v either means the lights are very bright or very inefficient?

Analog or digi car?
Solutions 1 & 2 still hold. Will go and see if there is an "elegant" one.
Better go & edit my pictures.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rich,
the car is a digital mini, but I have just opened up an old analog italian job version and the board is the same.
The lights seem bright enough.

Cheers

Mike

·
Registered
220 Posts
QUOTE (RichG @ 23 Jun 2005, 23:07)Since when have Minis been rear engine rear wheel drive?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Since they got fed up with complaints from people who tried the front engine front wheel drive version from years ago... I have only seen 1, and it might not have been tuned, but it was pathetic.

I'm sure they could do this now - although i recall the negative comments on this forum about the then planned release of front engine Peugeot 307. IMHO, the 307 is great, with or without magnet - don't know what the critics were on about, but then I'm only a hobbyist, not an expert.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts