SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
303 Posts
But it doesnt matter what the power supply can supply current wise, if the black box is limited to 2.5 amps.

As far as i know, the digital system employed is a pulse width modulation variety (i know Im gonna get shot down on that!) so it will pick up a signal from the controller and the pulse width changes from zero width to infinity at full power. There wont be any -ve pulses, it would be 0V or 12V (or whatever the transformer kicks out)

If anyone has a digital car and wants to send me a pic of the board in the car then that will help find out how they run.

· Registered
303 Posts
^^ My point exactly ^^

It must have some sort of built in current limiting device to protect it against this sort of situation...............oh for a set of circuit diagrams!!!!

· Registered
303 Posts
Oh, I see

Sounds like some of the current limiting the stuff at work does!!! Classic one this, unit get far to hot, so answer was to mount it unside down so should it over heat the component in question will melt its solder and fall out...........and yes we are a multi million pound company

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.