SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
607 Posts
QUOTE (jeep @ 9 Nov 2004, 19:36)Iam using a 10 amp 15 volt power supply and the black box for about 20 hours now with 4 cars most of the time. So far so good. The power must go it to one black box, hooking up two did not work or running to the track with out the box did not work. Also running less than 12 volts did not seem to work . Will let you know if it goes up in smoke
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good luck... according to Carrera, the BlackBox is limited to 2.5 amps.

· Registered
607 Posts
QUOTE (daleg @ 11 Nov 2004, 15:18)But it doesnt matter what the power supply can supply current wise, if the black box is limited to 2.5 amps.

But as far as I know, there is no active limitation. The Blackbox also has to provide the power to the slotcars. If you code 10 cars as car #1, the ten cars will listen synchronously to controller #1. But 10 motors need more amps than the Blackbox is able to manage. If you have a power supply that is able to give more than 2.5 amps, the blackbox will be destroyed.

· Registered
607 Posts
QUOTE (darainbow @ 20 Nov 2004, 07:42)QUOTE (indianasteve @ 20 Nov 2004, 07:29)Does anybody have a recommendation on a aftermarket power supply for the pro X

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sure, check ebay for pyramid power supplies. They have one that is around 20amps and adjustable from 5-15volts. FOr around $100.

You can get a samlex 5amp fixed 13.8V for aroun $30-50 also from ebay.

More amps is imprtant when you get more cars on track you wont feel power drain from their actions. The smalex i mentioned will work great Adjustabilty is a nice feature because you can modify the speed of the cars.

I just bought a loko 30amp 6-18V supply. I would have gone with the pyramid but spent a little more so I could go up to 18V just to experiment.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

More than 2.5 amps are not recommended for Pro-X.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.