Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as not to spoil the review thread of lotus03 and no doubt as there will be a lot of comment on Adrian's news lets discuss it here.

What do you think?

Moped

·
Registered
317 Posts
I think its terrific that Scalextric really listen to customers feedback and more importantly act upon it. I look forward to seeing the inprovements and hope they work as planned!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To answer my own question Scalextric must have sold some MotoGP bikes to have been receiving feedback!

Alan Smith over at SCI has said that the MotoGP bike represents the perfect vehicle for those who enjoy a setting up challenge.

Scalextric are now providing the means to help with this.

The MotoGp fun factor can only get better!

Moped

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I can only applaud the timely feedback soon after Lotus' review

How this will translate to any future two-wheel developments remains to be seen, but thank you, Mr. Norman.

Mark.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Moped, that was a shameless attempt to back up you previous arguments!

I have to say that in a perfect world, there should not be any mods supplied, as the vehicle should run out of the box... maybe more reasearch before production is needed, however I am no expert and accept that I really have very little right to comment on that.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
True on the first point!

And you do have rights!

Slotforum rights!

I think that the folk who have being buying these initally are the ones who care about the hobby as a hobby, and they do want the MotoGp bikes to suceed as anything that adds breadth and choice to the hobby has to be a good thing.

If, to improve the chances of success and to become an established part of the hobby, there has been a significant amount of feedback with similar suggestions from those hobbyists who care, then clearly if there is an improvement that makes a major difference and it is a quick fix then it makes good sense to move forward.

Maybe Scalextric did consider this option but felt that initially they would launch the product with just a magnet type set up to keep things simple.

Moped

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
good idea, moped to start a new thread for this

And its great to see Scalextric listening & responding.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Agreed.

I don't think that anybody wanted the MotoGp bikes to be a failure. I for one admire Scalextric for attempting to broaden the scope of the hobby and wish them all the best with their future improvements and look forward to seeing the bikes really succeed.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Guys

Can someone send me a copy of the news letter, i am thinking about buying a couple of moto GP bikes, but an bit sure because of mixed responses.

Thanks

ScalextricRacer

·
Premium Member
5,394 Posts
For those unsure of what we are discussing here, here is a link to the post by Adrian.

I welcome the acknowledgement that all is not well with the bikes. Kind of a shame that Joe Punter was used as the test-bed though. Makes me think that the powers that be at Margate just thought they could ship any old carp with the MotoGP logo and get away with it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
QUOTE (Wankel Ickx @ 9 Jul 2004, 13:09)For those unsure of what we are discussing here, here is a link to the post by Adrian.

I welcome the acknowledgement that all is not well with the bikes. Kind of a shame that Joe Punter was used as the test-bed though. Makes me think that the powers that be at Margate just thought they could ship any old carp with the MotoGP logo and get away with it.
<<rant on>>
This is the ugly profit-driven corporate truth. The flaws that have been "discovered" are so simple to see and detect they would/should have been found out in during very early product testing.

The bean-counters no doubt said "no more R&D until we some cash flow" - and as such the hobbiest PAID up font for this remaining R&D.

On one hand, kudos to Scaley for listening - but on the other hand SHAME on them for the entire job badly done.

I am sure there will be many thousands of sets unwittingly bought by friends/parents/siblings and spouses of MotoGP fans.

Not all of them may be dedicated enough to sit through the repairs/upgrades/mods required to make them work as intended.

<rant off>>

·
Registered
543 Posts
it's been said before but: if the first experience is a bad one why go back for more. first time slot racer who gets current moto gp is likely to find some other way to spend time and money. and shame on scalex for releasing these bikes before getting it right.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Guy

Just like to add my 2 pence worth here...

I do not own any moto GP bikes yet, but will end buying a couple.

If you guys remeber the problems people had with the challenger, myself included, there problems were worked out and the challenger was a sucess in my eyes.

Like with everything new live enviroment is the best test ground of all as no two persons tracks are the same, and no two people race the same.

I am sure that with the work Scalextric will do to retify the problems that moto GP have at the moment will be worked out for the better.

I think adrian and the boys need support and feed back so that they can improve there products for us.

Thanks for reading

ScalextricRacer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts