SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else get the email about Adrian Norman racing in the Mini Challenge this year, sponsored by Scalextric?

Go Adrian Go!

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
I am sure lots of people did.

Certainly good publicity for the company. And they won't have to pay much to do the cars in both of their scales

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you think he will use any of the slot racing techniques like loosening off the screws for the body?

Nice picture Jexy! Got one with Adrian?

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Pic is actually the "other" car not Adrian's - it's from his Facebook page.

Body already looks loose and is that a prototype digital chip i see being installed??

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
A couple of tips for Adrian;

The lane change button is the round thing in front of you.

Don't expect to get put back on if you come off!

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (stoooo @ 12 Apr 2012, 20:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Since Adrian's a rookie, will they be giving him a Super Resistant version ?

·
Registered
311 Posts
QUOTE (Dopamine @ 12 Apr 2012, 15:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does this mean that all Britain's race circuits will now be covered with a metallic top surface, or is this going to be the first Scalextric car in years that actually handles reasonably well without a magnet?

I'm going to Donington this weekend, i'll look and see if the race surface looks metallic. On the other hand it's probably gonna rain so won't be able to tell anyway.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Good luck to Adrian,

He desrves it as he is one of the most pleasant guys i have met in my short slot car experiance.

Must be on the TV somwhere next weekend?

Dave

·
Kitbasher
4,250 Posts
QUOTE He desrves it as he is one of the most pleasant guys i have met in my short slot car experiance

Agreed

If he is sucessful will he be known as 'stormin' norman'?

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
If Adrian drives the Mini anything like his slot cars, we will certainly expect him to be leading into the first corner. He isn't known as "First Aid" for nothing, his record of starts is astounding.
Not sure about the rest!

Good Luck Adrian, no pressure but there will be a lot of Slotforum Members watching your results very closely.
Drive it like you have stolen it.
Steve A

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Hi Adrian
Your doing well 5th place keep up the good work at castle coombe
I'll be at brands watching in june
best regards ade.

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts