SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Circuit Owner
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am in the final stages of building my race track (see the link at the bottom of my posts) and I want to put some advertising hoardings in the infield and some adverts around the perimeter catch fencing to add some atmosphere.

A few questions:

1) Does anybody know a good source of fairly high resolution images of adverts suitable for a racing circuit?

2) Where do we stand legally in terms of reproducing such images/adverts (only asking because this track is portable and will be out and about quite a lot)?

3) Any suggestions how to make authentic hoardings? (I have 5mm plastic board and pop rivets for mounting legs as a fall back but more authentic hoardings would be nice)

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Brands of the World is a good place to start. You'll need to create an account, but it's free. Most of their offerings are vector images so resolution doesn't come into it.

On the legality side of things. It gets all technical and confusing. But really, you should be right. Someone would have to care enough to complain.

What particular style of 'hoardings' are you after?

Embs

·
Circuit Owner
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ember.

Thanks for the link.

Not sure what type of hoardings - just looking for ideas. My default will be a 5mm thick plastic rectangle about 120mm wide by 80mm tall. Stood on legs made from pop rivets (the same principle as some use for mounting scalextric armco).

Richard

·
Circuit Owner
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great stuff! Thanks RichD.

Thanks everyone - this will all add atmosphere to the track. I'm very grateful for the signposting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts