SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Hi Darren
Some power supplies are quite happy running loads like slot car motors, some just shut themselves down when presented with that sort of load. Unfortunately just having the right voltage and plenty of amps isn't the whole story.
I have I've spent quite a bit of time trying to get the second sort of power supply to work as slot car power supplies, unfortutely some persist in shutting down when presented with a slot car motor.
I'd say it would be a good move to check out with the supplier that those supplies that they really are suitable for slot car motors before buying.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Quite a few UK slotters use the Rapid unit ss67 recommends, they work well as a track power supply and I've always had excellent mail order service from them.

From what I've read the Pyramid PS26KX works on a 115V AC, 60Hz mains supply - just what you want in the USA. For use in the UK you'd need a version that works on the UK / European mains supply voltage / frequency - do Pyramid make one?

For UK based racers there's something to be said for a UK supplier (Like Rapid) - sometimes imports come it without attracting the tax man's attention, increasingly often these days you get a bill for the tax / import duty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts