SlotForum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Rich Dumas
4,143 Posts
For club style racing equal length lanes are not very important because lane rotations are normally used. In that case a race is divided into a number of heats that are equal to the number of entries and everyone runs all of the lanes. Another thing to consider is that even with equal length lanes the lap times for a particular car may not be the same in every lane.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I get all that. I know that other club racers feel the same. But I am not about long races or lap times or rotation. I am about door handle to door handle racing. And by and large, I have that, and I am thankful.

Most certainly to each their own. (y)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I get all that. I know that other club racers feel the same. But I am not about long races or lap times or rotation. I am about door handle to door handle racing. And by and large, I have that, and I am thankful.

Most certainly to each their own. (y)
Yes, we try to have door to door racing as well. We do 10 lap shoot outs and try to pick comparable cars from our collections. I definitely do tweaks and twiddling to get more car performance but do so in "IROC" pairs.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
A quick note: do not hook up the ghost terminal with reverse polarity even with the ghost computer off. Something inside will get hot!

I almost let the "smoke out", when I wanted to test the layout the other way around. I figured the terminal outlet plug prevented reverse polarity simply due to the lap counter one directional nature. But nope,the electrics won't tolerate!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts