SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2012 AFX Racemasters HO enduro 2012 is already in its early planning stages.

As with previous years, we will endeavor to race at Pinewood Raceway, in July 2012 although this is TBC.

The 2012 race will use the AFX Racemasters 1.7 (long wheelbase) Mega G.

The format will remain the same as the 2011 race.

The provisional body list is:

1994 -Kremer K8

1995 -Courage C34

1996 -TWR Porsche WSC95, Courage C36

1997 -Ferrari 333SP, Courage C41

1998 -Toyota GT-one

1999 -BMW V12LMR, Audi R8R, Courage C50, Courage C52

2000 -Audi R8

2001 -Bentley EXP Speed 8, Chrysler LMP

2002 -Dallara LMP, Dome S101, Cadillac Northstar LMP02, Courage C60

2003 -Bentley Speed 8

2005 -Pescarolo C60 Hybrid

2006 -Audi R10

2007 -Peugeot 908 HDi FAP, Pescarolo 01, Lola B07/17

2008 -Courage LC70, Lola B08/60

2009 -Lola Aston-Martin DBR1, Audi R15, Oreca 01

2011 -Audi R18, Lola B10/65, Peugeot 908

2012 -Aston-Martin AMR-one

Please use this thread to register your interest in the 2012 race.

Once dates and venue are settled, entry forms will be sent out.

Andy

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
I can confirm that PADD will return, with the same four drivers very probably. Name to be decided, but it will not be PADD.

The 6hr has up until now not had to address the issue of being oversubscribed, but may do next year. My opinion is that the six captains from this year should have first refusal up until the middle of April, and have until that time to put in a serious commitment to enter a viable team. After the specified date, other potential captains can submit an entry. These won't automatically be accepted on a first come first serve basis, Andy would have the right to vet the entries.

What does everyone else think?

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Andy, you already have confirmation that Team HO Racing Ahead .com will return with an all SCHORC team!

·
Registered
730 Posts
QUOTE (Big Al @ 22 Aug 2011, 16:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>are the bodylist allowed for this event commercial plastic bodies, or are resin\plastic built bodies legal? Is there a weight limit etc?

Hi Al

Love the stuff you do by the way, sure Andy will get back to you but yes the kind of bodies you make will be legal for the 6hr, in fact they are ideal.

There is a lower weight limit but I don't know what it is yet, being the first year with the long chassis, I will be racing Andyslots at club tommorrow night, i'll give him a nudge and get you an answer.

PS: add me to the list of your potential customers over here, I voted for the lola, bit surprised 'another grey audi' won but i'll still buy one if you make them

Cheers

Marc

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To all,

Currently, the only legal cars are the ones on the list, although this may be subject to revisions.

The current thinking is that all bodies are not to weigh less that the current Peugeot body which is around 4.5 grammes, although i will confirm this weight.

Bodies must be manufactured by either the process ofcasting or injection moulding and must be made of only resin or plastic.

Julian, Who makes the Panoz body?

andy

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
QUOTE (Julian_Boolean @ 22 Aug 2011, 12:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>On the subject of car bodies, are we allowed to use a lexan and add plastic to it, to make it into a hard plastic body, don't ask me how, it's only a an idea at this stage.

I've found a way to do this, will it be legal (so long as they weigh over the minimum weight), it opens up a lot more body options.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
QUOTE (Julian_Boolean @ 8 Sep 2011, 07:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Barry from Slot Cars Direct sells them - I believe he had them made for him, but I'm not sure.

He doesn't have any listed now though

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
The Panoz body is designed to fit on the F1 Turbo chassis - I believe this has a 1.7" wheelbase and a quick bit of web research confirms this.
It raced at Le Mans at the same time as a lot of the other cars in the body list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panoz_LMP-1_Roadster-S so why isn't it eligible?
Also if it's such a heavy body then there's no benefit to using it so why not allow it.
Barry has some in stock, white ones and red ones - I've already spoken to him.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I've got two of them now, and as Deane says they are built like brick out houses, no way would the wing come off, unfortunatley the wheelbase on the 1.7 MG is slightly longer than the one of the Panoz body.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Time methinks to see if the venue can be obtain again, certainly between now and Christmas.

I have decided that the PADD team will run as Race Control AFX next year, as one of the few teams (I suspect) to keep it's line-up the same as in 2011.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts