SlotForum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son wanted to race the south africa layout so i took apart the monaco layout and build the africa layout when i went to test it lane 1 has power on only half of the track, the other 3 lanes are fine, so i removed the track cleaned the edge still no power on the same half, i installed 2 more terminal track 15 joint down the track so all lane will get its own power still same problem so i switch the lane on both terminal track (controller lane one now on the portion that is not working) and now i am getting power on lane 1 where there was no power and the half that was working is not working anymore but the other 3 are still working

it is as if for some reason the current is not able to reach all the tracls on lane 1

any ideas or suggestions?

Alain

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Hi Alain,

Welcome to the forum.

There is a problem with just lane one? Power just gets round 1/2 of it or less?

If this is the case, I would say that there is break/bad/bent contact on 2 of the track sections on lane one, one or more of the rail tabs in the track joints is not making a connection.

Start looking where the car stops, this could be the first one, then follow this procedure around the track, until you find the next etc. this should sort it for you.

Have you cleaned your track? Fine abrasive paper is sometimes needed to remove the oxide from the rail surfaces for the cars to run properly.

Where are you? Add your location to your profile and you may get local help too!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (slowracer @ 14 Jan 2012, 02:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Alain,

Welcome to the forum.

There is a problem with just lane one? Power just gets round 1/2 of it or less?

If this is the case, I would say that there is break/bad/bent contact on 2 of the track sections on lane one, one or more of the rail tabs in the track joints is not making a connection.

Start looking where the car stops, this could be the first one, then follow this procedure around the track, until you find the next etc. this should sort it for you.

Have you cleaned your track? Fine abrasive paper is sometimes needed to remove the oxide from the rail surfaces for the cars to run properly.

Where are you? Add your location to your profile and you may get local help too!

Yes just with line no 1 the first outside line. I swap the track where the car stop but that did not solved the problem but if i plug in the hand controller on the portion of the track not working then this portion start working and now the other half cease to have electrical current on it

the only thing i have not down is to swap power supply to see if that could be an issue since i am using 1 power supply by lane

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
When you move the controller to a different part of the track (the dead bit) and makes it work, makes me think for sure there is a bad connection or 2 on the track, not the power pack, drive the car to where it stops and check that connection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts