Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts

Classic car magazines in general, but Motor Sport magazine in particular, are a great place to spot pictures of your favourite slot cars, or at least the real things.

Practically every page has either a car already made or one you would like to see made. This month I spotted this shot from last year's Tour Auto event in France. The current event is running this weekend. Maybe we ought to watch out for reports to get a good idea of next year's new models.

Scott

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
I like to think they copied my Daytona that I built last year!!

David

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
This month's Motor Sport has a fab cutaway drawing of the Indy Novi-Ferguson of blessed MRRC memory, and a mighty overhead colour shot of the ill-fated Mickey Thompson All-States Special that had me looking through my bits box straightaway. As well as loads of other mouthwatering stuff. £3.50 of anyone's money well-spent. Can't live without it, personally.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I have bought every issue of Octane since it's debut last year, overall very nice and balanced between the different era's. Here in the states my favorite is Vintage Motorsports, The photography is always top notch & they try to really show the car! Which means the photo's are not too stylized, blurring to heighten the speed effect, soft focus, overly small photo's or pic's taken so far away that it is almost more of a land scape or something. Neither at this time are plagued by more cars for sale than article content which has happened to some others. There is nothing like spending $9 for a magazine full of adverts! I like looking at all the cars for sale that I cannot afford, but it gets tiring after a couple of months.

·
Jan Groosmuller
834 Posts
QUOTE (David Lawson @ 21 Apr 2004, 21:39)I like to think they copied my Daytona that I built last year!!

David
they should have copied yours, it is so much better in overall appearance...

fantastic job!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts