Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Hi
Yes i,dalready heard about this ,as far as I am concerend the bloke is an absolute hero ,never once moaned or felt sorry for himself ,and just manned up and got on wioth his life
Was pretty competitive in the ETCC and actually won a few rounds ,putting away some pretty handy drivers
Then won the wheelchair new york marathon and now taking part in the paralympics ,ironically at brands hatch ,give the the man a gold medal now ,and absolute legend

Cheers tony

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
What a star ,well done alex, top man

cheers tony

·
David J
3,182 Posts
I'd heard he was to be stripped of his medal, apparently he tested positive for WD40....

Seriously though, the bloke (and all the others competing in the games) are amazing.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Mark Webber column this week comments on Alex's wins and there is a little interview with the man him self. Ever the joker he says possibly the only reason he won is that there were no British competitors in his event.

see here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19565351

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just back from holiday and the only news of the Paralympics I heard whilst away was Alex's medal winning performances, what a star. Nice to see that your world doesn't end when you have such major injuries. Congratulations to all the Paralympians, whether they won medals or not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts