SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all

You may recall some recent navel-gazing from me over what red was used for 60s-70s Alfa sports cars (see here). The final verdict, thanks to Mike Newns was AR130, spray cans available from Ebay (a bit pricey but so are Alfa slot cars!).

Below is the first phase of my final solution to the Alfa 33 problem - a Proto Slot Le Mans 1968 Alfa 33/2, a 1970 Le Mans 33/3 by the same manufacturer and a bog-standard Slot.It 1971 33/3 for colour comparison and because they look nice together!

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Lost the original metal 'radiator' for the nose - haven't had time to work that one out yet.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

The two Proto Slots were stripped and resprayed (that took a bit of nerve - the last 33/3 I saw on Ebay went for the wrong side of £130). There's been a little bit of diddling done - metal carb intakes on the 33/2, thanks to another thread in this Forum, chrome etched or fine wire grilles, better lights, air intakes carved out etc. The wheel inserts derived from the 33/3 (not quite right for this car but perfect for the 33/2).

Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive design

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Hood

The most successful innovation was to use the Slot.It chassis plus interiors for both cars. This makes a big difference - the basic Proto Slots tend to use inline chassis, which means no room for an interior and you end up with the old 'Driver up to his armpits in strange black goo' appearance.

Is it me or is De Adamich squinting into the sunlight?

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Car

Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Hood

Overall, they've come out nicely - and more alfa 33s are in the pipeline …….

Best wishes

Andy

·
Registered
82 Posts
Some really great detailing touches on those, the red you chose is spot on, and you're right, they do look very good together - Nice !

S.

·
re member
4,135 Posts
I have to agree with Gluebomber. That was a visual feast. I can appreciate the work you have done.
Regards

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi Andy,
your building cars of my favorite brand, you can't go wrong with these

A lovely collection you building their, and beautiful build

Can't wait to see more of them, keep us posted.
Cheers,
Danny

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys - it's strange how Alfas and Matras have been thin on the ground - almost never made by mainstream manufacturers. We have a lot to thank the French resin experts like Proto Slot and MMK/TKP for.

Andy

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
I cannot load the pics in this thread they are way too big! You should read the info on posting pics.

Many of us are now using mobile devices so IMO the 650 Pixel width limit should be enforced by the administrators!

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Great cars Andy - I am just a sucker for all cars red!!!

How are the other Alfa's going?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts