SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another build I completed a while ago. Alfa Romeo 182 from 1982.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

The resin body was made by my good friend Graham Pritchard. It is a visually stunning car in my opinion and the shell does it justice.

A fair bit of fettling to get the shell this far but it really is a great shape.

Surveillance camera Material property Plastic Wood Paper

I decided to use the Policar rear end with the 3D printed front intended for the Williams by ARCO (thanks Andi). Available from Shapeways (I decided on that combination as Philip P had done such a great job using both on his Alfa 182 a while ago). A little modification is required to enable fitting.

Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Auto part Machine

Rear suspension and plenty of bits of filed and trimmed plastic. The lower Suspension is made from one piece of sheet steel. Filed and bent all of the way up for the rear brake intakes to sit on top. Exhausts are brass tube.

Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Wheel Automotive design

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Gas Wood

Body progress, not the easiest paint lines to get right. Looks straightforward but the paint line joins seem to continually change angle when masking.

Toy Automotive design Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Carmine

Table Toy Lego Engineering Carmine

I have fitted floating ground effect skirts (they are obviously visual effect skirts).
GTM wheel inserts, Slot It wheels and tyres.

Automotive tire Tire Wheel Automotive design Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

MTR32 decals.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Thank you to Philip P for advice and information on this build.

Attachments

· David Collins
2,534 Posts
Great job! I love the clean looks of the cars of that period, but your shot of the driver figure in the chassis makes you realise just how far forward were the drivers feet in some cars - really scary!

· Registered
875 Posts
Gran temporada la de 1982, con grandes pilotos y coches.

El resultado de este Alfa Romeo ha sido excelente. De esa temporada hice el Ferrari 126-C2 y el Williams FW08.

Great season in 1982, with great drivers and cars.
The result of this Alfa Romeo has been excellent. From that season I made the Ferrari 126-C2 and the Williams FW08.
Saludos
Frederic

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.