SlotForum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am an absolute Alfa Romeo addict , so I 'm thinking about building the Airfixkit and try to make it a slot car. Has anyone done this before ? what kind of motor and axle pinion can be used best? Motor in the front ?

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Yes...I've also got this one on the "to do list", plus the Aston Ulster and Jag SS....

A thin ladder chassis is what I'm thinking possibly using the Scalex MOTOGP, (If it proves to be quick enough).

Regards

Alan

PS I think the boys at Southend SCC built some of these perhaps Joel or David may have more info....

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
Ive done the bug and the alfa with a ks mk 1 motor and the bently with a johnson 111 , Ill dig them out and post some pics soon

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (ProfFate @ 3 Jul 2004, 17:59)Hi

I have two differeent 30s Alfa kits...I have only done one for fun. Pan chassis in brass, NC1. Just for fun.

Fate
proffate, you have two different alfa kits? wich ones are they? only kits i can find are the three aifix kits and the revell/monograms ones. are there more manufacturers?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi

We may be at cross communications:

with the 30s, i have an airfix 8 c sports car and a 6c. I dont remember off hand the designations and they arenot at hand to refresh my memory.

I dont know of any revell/mono alfas!

Fate

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
A great motor for these cars is the old Scaley Tuperware FJ motors,small,reasonable power for the subject,and have that certain old vintage charm that suits these old relics.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yesterday the alfa romeo kit arrived, today I did the first bodythings. takes me back in time
Very very small body

but I ve found a little porsche donor car.
next thing is to fit the porsche chassis in the kit. Are there any other options for the wheels other than the Ninco classic wheels?

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
QUOTE Are there any other options for the wheels other than the Ninco classic wheels?
How about these?

·
Peter Farrell
2,114 Posts
QUOTE (Phil Stenning @ 4 Nov 2008, 19:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>too wide for the alfa, nice wheels though
Of course they are Phil they're 20+ years later, all one has to do is put slimmer tyres on the slimmer wheels that Al sells. i have used his skinny wheels on several pre war cars. They look just right.
Alfetta

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
Yes, as Alfetta says I do have them in a narrower version as well. Just didn't have a pic handy.

Will soon have some nice 19" by Skinny early GP wheels with a separate finned brake drum. These will be some of my best wheels yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts