SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hello all,

Now i will show you my last activitiy.
This car driven by the italians G.Sala / M de Luca runs at le mans in 1962 and finished at 10th.place over all.
I have used a kit from the french manufacture -GMC-Slotcars- to realise it.
The chassis for a frontmotor positioned engine is done by myself, as well the tridimensional cockpit insert.
For lighting system i used - Overdrive- components.

I hope you like the model.
Best regards

claus

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Hi Claus
lovely model of a beautiful car ,you can see where they got the inspiration for the even lovlier GTZ

Cheers tony

·
Registered
104 Posts
A lovely shape and a simple, even sparse livery - when perfectly executed as here, the result is striking.
Wonderful model, doesn't get much better than this.

·
re member
4,145 Posts
QUOTE doesn't get much better than this. I definitely agree with that statement.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello all,

Thanks a lot for compliments and your comments to the -alfa-work.

@ Lamie G. I would like to explain how i do the chassis with pleasure but first you have to consider my ability to express such facts in english language is poor.
The chassis construction itself- not even for the -alfa- uses for motoramount and bearings etc. standard spare parts.
These elements were fitted or added to a u-shaped platform; the u-platform element is cut from fine polystyrol boards (thickness material 1,0- 1,5mm, depends on position within the chassis)
the different elements bonded with -cyanacrylat-glue-.
( you also can see such a constuction at page 8; article ferrari dino 206 lm´66 )
Currently i am working on a lotus elite. Here i can show you a little sketch for the chassis construction. May be it´s a little addition my words although
it doesn´t show the -alfa- work. But the way is nearly the same.

The tri dimensional cockpit is composed from two elements. Nearly most of the resine kits have a -cockpit- added.
It´s often a moulded board which is not only a horizontal closure of the body (to the cabin) but also the dashboard itself.
I cut out the major part of the board to get a connection element between a self made interior element and the body.
The part below the resine element is a u-shaped tray like closure made from polystyrol board ( thickness material 0,5mm)
adapted the main measures and conditions of the body and the chassis as well.
Both elements were bonded together to get one single cockpit insert.

I hope i could give some useful informations.

Best regards

claus

1 - 9 of 9 Posts