SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Now i will show you some impressions from my last -project.
Both Alfa Romeo cars run at Le Mans in `64 and´65 prepared by the italian tuner -Auto Delta-.
No one of them reached the finish line.
Based on a -Proto-slot-kit- i realised the TZ 1; the TZ 2 is a conversion of a -Fly-slot model.
Some interventions must be done at both bodies to get the Le Mans versions.
In paricular and for example, the TZ 1 body needs a windshield on the bonnet; the headlamp shapes of the TZ 2 should be changed.
The chassis of the TZ 1 is done by me however TZ 2 chassis could be used without any modification.
Lighting system as usual by -Overdrive-.

I hope you like the TZ cars.

Regards

claus

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
hi claus
great stuff ,I always thought that the TZ2 was one of the best looking sports /gt cars of the 60s and what a great noise those exhausts made

cheers tony

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Bigblock,

Thanks for looking.
For the TZ 1 i used the - classic 15´´ alu wheels - made by Penelope Pitlane.
I did not use the resine moulded inserts added the kit. They were not precise enough.
Therefore i adepted a set from a -MRRC-; some small modifications would be necessary.

VBR. claus

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi, good evening

Thanks all again for compliments !

@ cabb 77: I always try to built into my models a lighting systems kits.
( permanent and constant function of front and rear lighting positions when the car is runnning on the track)
I bought these sets from the german producer - Overdrive -. ( www. slotservice.com )
For front/headlights i use white warm or yellow colored leds (diameter 3mm)
-Overdrive- offers a wide range such led components.
For rear lighting i normally use small - sim/led - components ( 3.0/ 2.5./2.0 mm w/h/d ) which will be fixed onto a
base constrution. A pair of them ( left /right side) is positioned on the chassis in rear position.
( You can see these tiny rectangular shaped parts on my first picture showing the chassis from backside position.)

VBR, claus

·
Gerald Lambourn
1,006 Posts
Having attended both the '64 and '65 LeMans the Alfa TZs always stuck in my mind as the ultimate car I would like to own. Maybe my new VW Scirocco is in that spirit but of course it is a bit more reliable! GeraldL ( I think the green one failed in front of us at Indianapolis)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.