SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Hi Guys,

The next all day club event as you all know is on the 27th November.

We will be racing Nascar with stock Tomy Turbo and Tyco 440 X2 wide pan chassis.

Who is coming?

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Tony - You have put the wrong date in the heading, I wish 17th was right as 27th is too close to a national for me, sorry.

I like the Tyco Nascars, used to mess about with them back before I knew about Life-Likes. How will you equal them to the much faster SG+s?

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
The chassis are to be, as we all know, Tomy Turbo and Tyco 440 x2 wide pan

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Ah, my mistake.

As it is an oval (not something made clear in the thread) will the Tyco be given a leg-up, or will the oval be small enough the Turbo does not smoke them?

One day we must do another national on a large, full oval. With long straights and well supported banking they are huge fun. Suprisingly, you need a good handling car more than you would think.

I'll have to pass on this one, but if you do another one in the winter period, perhaps on a weeknight, I'd be up for it.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Ah well, the betting man (another 10p for lee here), WILL have a chassis of each prepared
and choose the best for the day

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Leet @ 11 Nov 2011, 09:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Tony count me in, I may be bringing my little girl Erin if that's ok.

Of course thats alright, will she have ear defenders on, or will you be moderating you language

Bring plenty of 10p's

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
QUOTE (montoya1 @ 11 Nov 2011, 18:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why no Life-Likes? To try something different?

Has all that drink gone to your head, we are trying something different!

btw the 'm' chassis does not yet work with Al's timing system.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
You have mis-read what I said, I know the life-likes are not something different!

Nor are what you are running, especially on ovals, but it has been a while. Have fun...

·
Registered
437 Posts
Can't make this one I am afraid. I have a tyco nascar if anyone wants to borrow it but as Lee can probably confirm it's not much cop round his home track but might fair better on an oval.

Have fun guys.

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (montoya1 @ 11 Nov 2011, 19:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You have mis-read what I said, I know the life-likes are not something different!

Nor are what you are running, especially on ovals, but it has been a while. Have fun...

And you misunderstand too

Running a stock Tyco 440 wide pan or Tomy Turbo with Nascar bodies is new to us at SCHORC

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
It is a pity that the M can't run, as an oval offers this strange chassis it's best chance of a win. That is why it is still in the list of allowed chassis in Open Wheel at national level, even though apart from Gareth's brief recent dalliance the chassis has not been used since Mad **** Kench won with one on, guess what, an oval. It has some of the speed of the Turbo (thanks to not having dedicated traction magnets?) and some of the handling.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah and I have areally nice old example of a classic M chassied nascar too

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE (asjwood @ 11 Nov 2011, 13:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'll be there.

Will we be driving round the oval backwards?

If you mean in the anti-clockwise direction that all Nascars run, then yes!

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
I assume ovals run CC, and not all do, to protect the driver, which does not apply for slot cars

I think If I was to make an oval track again, and could pick any, it would probably be this:

on the basis the term 'oval' is a misnomer, so why not push it to the limit.

(Anyone know what the track above is without looking it up?)

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Running anti-clockwise, is another thing that will make a difference to us, it is not the usual direction in which we run!

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
I know it always tended to throw you at nationals, it has never bothered me. I think stuff like that drops away once you are hooked up with your car.

At HONK I drove an RC car for the first time in 22 years, and yet without thinking about it the first time I came to a corner with the car facing me I flicked the stick left to go right. It is all about being joined to the car. If you ever see slot racers blipping their controllers in place where you coast or pause & mash, that is that phenomenon at the extreme...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts