SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the 2nd July 2011 the ASSC are running a second all day racing event.

Due to some ongoing issues with the setup we will not be racing 6 hours non stop, instead we will be racing 12 thirty minute races.

The event has been sponsored by MRE who have provided three Scalextric slot cars as prizes.

This is open to anyone who wants to come along, we already have racers coming from as far as Cambridge, we would love for more racers to come along.

This is your chance to have a fantastic day of racing at a small friendly club and the chance to walk away with some new cars to boot.

More information can be found Here

PM me or email me via the website if you would like to join us.

Regards

Colin

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
I have to say all previous events at ASSC have been well worth the journey from Cambridgeshire and I'm sure this one will be no exception!

I can't recommend this club enough for digital racers, a great blend of friendly guys, fun tracks and great racing. What more could you want.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BUMP

For all digital (and non digital) racers in the Windsor / slough / bracknell / maidenhead / reading type areas.

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,279 Posts
Good luck for the event guys, hope you have an entertaining day of it - any chance of posting some pics or videos of the event for those of us not able to attend?

(oops, got my dates wrong! may try and drag a mate along if we can manage it)

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (snurfen @ 2 Jun 2011, 14:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good luck for the event guys, hope you have an entertaining day of it - any chance of posting some pics or videos of the event for those of us not able to attend?

(oops, got my dates wrong! may try and drag a mate along if we can manage it)
Snufen,

Does that mean you would like to attend?

We will post pictures and videos of the event as soon as we can after.

Colin

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have 11 drivers now and looking for that last driver, in the event we get more than 12 there will be a waiting list until we get either 15 or 18 drivers to keep teams even.

I have almost finished painting the first two cars, just need to make the rear lights red and maybe silver the front lights.

As you will see, all sponsorship has been placed on the car, so don't forget, come along and you could win yourself a new scalextric car.

·
Digital &quot;Tea Boy&quot;
777 Posts
That looks really cool Colin, can't wait to see the rest!
Are we going with Ortmanns one these?

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its more likely we will be using Waynes Urethane tires is I can get them in time.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've just applied the sponsorship on 4 of the 6 pit garages, I hope to repaint these eventually and install lights etc.

But for now as time is short before the race its a simple job

·
777 Posts
QUOTE (asjwood @ 14 Jun 2011, 22:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great looking work Colin! Only a couple more weeks to wait...

I think Mr Ortmann's car should run stock tyres for the event.

I have no idea what you talking about Al.....

·
Registered
259 Posts
if you still have an opening for a driver... I would like to attend

I am living near Richmond.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well the 6 Lambos are almost completed now, just a quick lick of silver paint on the mirrors, another clear coat and they will be ready to roll.

Currently waiting for Wayne to confirm the tires for the race so hopefully be racing on 30a Shore instead of stock :)

Pictures to follow latest this week.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guys,

I'm sure you will be glad to know that I have managed to make a deal with "Wayne Allen Slot Products", in exchange for some advertising.

This means that the Lambos will be running on 30a shore rubber instead of stock, many of you were at the race meet on Thursday and saw how there tired tore the lap time down from 20+ seconds to just over 15 seconds.

This is good news for both the racers and the marshals.

I will also be getting a set of these tires for use on the club F430's for future racing.

Regards

Colin

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have just had a thought, with the races being only 30 minutes each, we could have fuel, this will bring a whole new challenge to the race.

I know th could leave some people out of th race bu with a real slow fuel burn could be fun.

Opinions please

·
777 Posts
QUOTE (MrFlippant @ 23 Jun 2011, 23:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I won't be there, but when we do longer races, we always put fuel strategy in as well.
Damn Greg, I though you were going to pop over the pond for this one....

1 - 20 of 75 Posts