SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Digital "Tea Boy"
775 Posts
That looks really cool Colin, can't wait to see the rest!
Are we going with Ortmanns one these?

· Digital "Tea Boy"
775 Posts
QUOTE (asjwood @ 14 Jun 2011, 22:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great looking work Colin! Only a couple more weeks to wait...

I think Mr Ortmann's car should run stock tyres for the event.

I have no idea what you talking about Al.....

· Digital &quot;Tea Boy&quot;
775 Posts
QUOTE (MrFlippant @ 23 Jun 2011, 23:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I won't be there, but when we do longer races, we always put fuel strategy in as well.
Damn Greg, I though you were going to pop over the pond for this one....

775 Posts
You know I'll be there to help already, hey?

775 Posts
Those look awesome Colin! Really sweet!

775 Posts
It was freekin AWESOME Colin!

Thanks for arranging all of it.

Can't wait for the next one!

775 Posts
QUOTE (Wraith @ 3 Jul 2011, 07:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oh, and does any one elsevache from their back to their toes!!!

Ditto. For some reason my heels and calves took the brunt this time!
Who said slot racing is not a work out as well???? LOL!

775 Posts
I wonder how many lunges we did between the lot of us! 1000? 10 000? 100 000?

775 Posts
QUOTE (Porsche Racer @ 4 Jul 2011, 08:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just came across this thread. Fantastic stuff. The cars look great, the track looks great. I wish I wasn't so far away as I would have loved to try that.

Did you end up using fuel management for the races?

We sure did, had to refuel at a least twice during the 30 min stints. Obviously different strategies between teams developed which made it even more interesting.

775 Posts
QUOTE (zarko @ 4 Jul 2011, 10:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was amazed to only see 2 teams run out of fuel during the 12 sessions!

Of course you were! One of the teams were YOURS!

775 Posts
QUOTE (Wraith @ 4 Jul 2011, 13:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>.....the other car some how managed to break a rear wheel off, come to think of it,BOTH these were the white team!!!!!!!

Did you forget that your Red car's wheel also broke off....??? While you were driving it!!!! LOL!!!

775 Posts
I say potato, you say potayto...

775 Posts
Awesome vid, Colin. Like how the music starts mellow and laid back and then goes into whaaaaaaaat theeeee
crazy techno! Nearly like the day's racing!!!

PS - Thanks for slipping that screenshot of my epic 101 laps in there as well! What an honour it was to be the first to break a 100 laps that day.

775 Posts
QUOTE (MrFlippant @ 5 Jul 2011, 23:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks like someone got new tires when they stopped for fuel?

No Greg, no new tyres allowed, we could only clean the tyres, which added another level of fun and excitement to the whole race. I was using those cheapo lint rollers one can buy at CostCo to do that.

PS - We missed you BTW!

775 Posts
OK "new" tyres it was then.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.