· Digital "Tea Boy"
775 Posts
It was freekin AWESOME Colin!

Thanks for arranging all of it.

Can't wait for the next one!

· Premium Member
996 Posts
It was an another awesome event!

Thanks to Colin for putting in so much effort arranging sponsorship and sorting out the cars and things. Thanks also to all the guys who set up and stayed to pack everything away. Sorry again I couldn't stay to help pack up, I made it to Reading 45 minutes late but still just in time to order! And of course thanks to all the racers who turned up and made it such a great event!

I'm still feeling pretty gutted about losing my team 3rd place in the last couple of minutes when I ran out of fuel... I had to stop and fill my car up on the way home when it got down to a quarter of a tank!

· Premium Member
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Guys,

Thank you all for turning up, it makes all the work worth while.

I will put up some pictures later along with the scores etc.

The video will take me a while but at least it gives me something to do in my lunches at work lol

· Premium Member
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Oh, and does any one elsevache from their back to their toes!!!

· Registered
120 Posts
Hi guys.

Thanks for such a great day of racing. It was really good fun and amazingly close racing.

Thanks to everybody who helped make the day happen. Sorry I could not stay to tidy up I had to drive back to St Neots.

See you all soon!

· Digital "Tea Boy"
775 Posts
QUOTE (Wraith @ 3 Jul 2011, 07:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oh, and does any one elsevache from their back to their toes!!!

Ditto. For some reason my heels and calves took the brunt this time!
Who said slot racing is not a work out as well???? LOL!

· Premium Member
1,628 Posts
QUOTE (Wraith @ 3 Jul 2011, 07:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oh, and does any one elsevache from their back to their toes!!!
I was feeling it when I got home last night but thankfully all is OK this morning.

I must echo everyone's comments so far and say Thank you to Colin for organising the event. I really enjoyed it (not because I won
) but mainly because each session was very close between most of the teams. I was also impressed by the tyres which seem to be having more and more grip as the race went on. First couple of sessions we were struggling to do 70+ laps, while at the end some of us broke the 100 lap barrier.

I can't wait for the next event!

· Digital &quot;Tea Boy&quot;
775 Posts
I wonder how many lunges we did between the lot of us! 1000? 10 000? 100 000?

· Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Looked and sounded like a great day guys.

Nice to see large group SSD racing on big tracks, look forward to seeing any video, well done.

775 Posts
QUOTE (Porsche Racer @ 4 Jul 2011, 08:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just came across this thread. Fantastic stuff. The cars look great, the track looks great. I wish I wasn't so far away as I would have loved to try that.

Did you end up using fuel management for the races?

We sure did, had to refuel at a least twice during the 30 min stints. Obviously different strategies between teams developed which made it even more interesting.

· Premium Member
1,628 Posts
QUOTE (Keeto @ 3 Jul 2011, 14:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I wonder how many lunges we did between the lot of us! 1000? 10 000? 100 000?

My missus usually goes to gym when I go racing, so I might actually try to persuade her to come over and do some marshalling instead
Maybe we have invented new form of an exercise that might appeal to a wider audience than just slot racers like us?

QUOTE (Keeto @ 4 Jul 2011, 09:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We sure did, had to refuel at a least twice during the 30 min stints. Obviously different strategies between teams developed which made it even more interesting.

I was amazed to only see 2 teams run out of fuel during the 12 sessions!

775 Posts
QUOTE (zarko @ 4 Jul 2011, 10:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was amazed to only see 2 teams run out of fuel during the 12 sessions!

Of course you were! One of the teams were YOURS!

· Registered
3,865 Posts
What an inspiring thread ! I am building my new track and want the first opening race to be an endurance race. A little shorter and a little less people, but with the experience you guys have may be you can give me some hints. I am thinking of a 2 hour race, we never did longer races than 40 laps or half our max., so before going to 6 hours I think 2 hours is a nice start. I like your idea about spare braids and I think having the same car for everyone is the way to go. I saw you use a handicap system, how do you do that ? I understand 1 guy takes all cars around the track, Is It so that the fastest car gets a higher fuel burn rate, or do you add weight ? I don't think I will manage to get 5-6 exact the same cars so I am very interested how you use the handicap system. And If you can give me more tips & tricks, please don't hesitate
I have PB Pro simple H and SSDC and planning to use fuel. Thanks, and looking forward to a video.

· Premium Member
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
QUOTE (Minardi @ 4 Jul 2011, 14:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What an inspiring thread ! I am building my new track and want the first opening race to be an endurance race. A little shorter and a little less people, but with the experience you guys have may be you can give me some hints. I am thinking of a 2 hour race, we never did longer races than 40 laps or half our max., so before going to 6 hours I think 2 hours is a nice start. I like your idea about spare braids and I think having the same car for everyone is the way to go. I saw you use a handicap system, how do you do that ? I understand 1 guy takes all cars around the track, Is It so that the fastest car gets a higher fuel burn rate, or do you add weight ? I don't think I will manage to get 5-6 exact the same cars so I am very interested how you use the handicap system. And If you can give me more tips & tricks, please don't hesitate
I have PB Pro simple H and SSDC and planning to use fuel. Thanks, and looking forward to a video.
We abandoned the handicap idea as many of use thought it was not necessary and took away from the fact that the event was for fun. It was also questionable that even with the same reacer that laps would ever be the same speed, I certainly know that my speed increased as the day went on.

What we did do to make cars as cluse as possible was to fit new WASP tyres which has been trued, run the cars in for 15 minutes and oil gears etc.

The day ran very late as we needed to perform maintenance on th cars after each race which took 5-10 minutes, no parts were allowed to be swapped.

We did use two replacement cars, 1 car stopped running above a crawl after just two races, this will be getting send back to Scalextric, the other car some how managed to break a rear wheel off, come to think of it,BOTH these were the white team!!!!!!!

We also changed so that only 1 set of braids was used, these were racing braids that Gordon made. They have outlasted the event.

· Premium Member
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
The reaults for the day were as follows

The teams were as follows:
Team 1 (RED)
Colin
Mark
Team 2 (BLUE)
Alan
Daniel
Team 3 (GREEN)
Chip
Dave L
Team 4 (WHITE)
Gordon
Paul
Team 5 (YELLOW)
Zarko
Al
Team 6 (ORANGE)
Dave
Steve

Fistly the team results

1st Team 4 (WHITE) 1045 laps
2nd Team 3 (GREEN) 1037.5 laps
3rd Team 1 (RED) 1011.5 laps
4th Team 5 (YELLOW) 1008.5 laps
5th Team 6 (ORANGE) 906 laps
6th Team 2 (BLUE) 898.5 laps

Driver Results

1st Zarko 538.5 laps
2nd Chip 530.5 laps
3rd Gordon 527 laps
4th Paul 518 laps
5th Colin 516.5 laps
6th Dave L 507 laps
7th Mark 495 laps
8th Dave 492 laps
9th Alan 479 laps
10th Al 470 laps
11th Daniel 419.5 laps
12th Steve 414 laps

So,

Zarko won the Scalextric Aston Martin

Gordon won the Scalextric Nissan GT-R
Paul win the Scalextric Porsche 997

Thank you to WWW.MRE.CO.UK for supplying the prizes and for WWW.WASPSLOT.CO.UK for providing the tyres.

More detail can be found on the ASSC website, I will post a video once I have completed it.

775 Posts
QUOTE (Wraith @ 4 Jul 2011, 13:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>.....the other car some how managed to break a rear wheel off, come to think of it,BOTH these were the white team!!!!!!!

Did you forget that your Red car's wheel also broke off....??? While you were driving it!!!! LOL!!!

· Premium Member
1,628 Posts
QUOTE (Keeto @ 4 Jul 2011, 16:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Did you forget that your Red car's wheel also broke off....??? While you were driving it!!!! LOL!!!

Not once but twice in two laps

41 - 60 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.