SlotForum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

· Premium Member
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
QUOTE (Keeto @ 4 Jul 2011, 16:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Did you forget that your Red car's wheel also broke off....??? While you were driving it!!!! LOL!!!

The red cars wheel, CAME off, it didn't BREAK off, unlike the white car ;-)

· Digital &quot;Tea Boy&quot;
775 Posts
I say potato, you say potayto...

· Premium Member
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
QUOTE (Keeto @ 4 Jul 2011, 20:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I say potato, you say potayto...

I say, one wheel was just glued back on and on the wheel is totalled

· Premium Member
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·

Here is the video from the race, its pretty long but it was 6 hours of video !!!!

· Greg Gaub
17,526 Posts
Great video!
Looks like someone got new tires when they stopped for fuel? Do they have to ask for that prior to pitting, or was the can picked up for something else?
Also, were you using load simulation as well, or just refueling with a high speed/percent for a full tank?

I saw a shunt at one of the hairpins early on in the video. It was right after the race started. Was there a more epic on that wasn't included?

As always, thanks for sharing!

PS., that Tracy Chapman cover wasn't half bad. ;-)

775 Posts
Awesome vid, Colin. Like how the music starts mellow and laid back and then goes into whaaaaaaaat theeeee
crazy techno! Nearly like the day's racing!!!

PS - Thanks for slipping that screenshot of my epic 101 laps in there as well! What an honour it was to be the first to break a 100 laps that day.

775 Posts
QUOTE (MrFlippant @ 5 Jul 2011, 23:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks like someone got new tires when they stopped for fuel?

No Greg, no new tyres allowed, we could only clean the tyres, which added another level of fun and excitement to the whole race. I was using those cheapo lint rollers one can buy at CostCo to do that.

PS - We missed you BTW!

· Premium Member
1,628 Posts
QUOTE (MrFlippant @ 5 Jul 2011, 23:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Also, were you using load simulation as well, or just refueling with a high speed/percent for a full tank?
Yes, we used load simulation with a tank size & burn rate set so you had to pit at least twice during your 30 minute stint. As Gordon mentioned in one of the earlier posts, there were different strategies between the teams and some even pushed their luck by literarlly pitting when their car was running on fumes!

The tyres were something special - as we went through the sessions, the car just got faster and faster to the extent where we were doing on average 20 more laps in last couple of sessions compared to the first couple of sessions.

· Premium Member
1,628 Posts
I can only assume it was 50% as that is what we normally have it set to but Colin will be able to confirm as he tweaked the settings before the race started.

· Premium Member
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
I set it to 75% as 50% seemed slow on the day, especially with the WASP tyres

61 - 75 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.