Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts

Has anyone seen any 'all-in-one' units like this? Particularly in the UK. It's the kind of thing I'm looking for (maybe a bit bigger), but don't have tools or knowledge to build.

The above came from this site: Slot Circuits, but I cannot identify if they are for sale or what? Paying for Spain to England postage of that size item does not appeal to me either...

Cheers,

Lotus

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
I must say that I really like the To-Win Quickstrart foldable track.

Routed MDF, it measures 4 x 12 feet overall and can be set up in less than a minute, ready to race. When folded it measures 4 x 2 feet and only three inches thick and can be easily stored under a bed.

I'm not sure that they are still made, though.

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I recall seeing something similar to this available from USA maybe 3-4 years ago although it was a more conventional racing circuit design. That particular one was 'L' shaped, something like 12 feet down the long side and 6 feet across the foot of the 'L'. The beauty of it was that it folded (not dismantled) in 4 hinged sections, resulting in a folded-up shape of just 4' x 3' - rather neat. Not so neat was the price at around £500 or possibly even more!

I bet Al Penrose (BWA) could fill us in on this one and probably correct my misremembered figures if necessary. Far too expensive to ship to Europe, but possibly something to use as a pattern for one's own design.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Ooops!
Simultaneously posted with Russell - another of the walking slot encyclopaedias!

THAT's exactly the one!

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That track looks amazing! If anyone knows where I could buy one like that or similar, please post!
Thanks guys,

Lotus

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Thanks to Russell for correcting my bad memory!
As he will probably have retired to bed by now, I will mention that the track seems to have transferred production to Taiwan.

Here's the Web Page

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, thanks Tropi and Russ!
I have contacted them about delivery to the UK and pricing.
I will post the info on here when I get it.

Lotus

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Please do! I think many people will be interested.
I have a feeling it's going to be more expensive than expected and shipping would be pretty stiff too. One of the biggest problems, in UK at least, is somewhere to put the track and this could be a partial answer. There could be a market here, but it might be more economical to have it made here too. But maybe not - it's going to be interesting.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Agree
I`m looking for a horse reacing track that does the above and packs away nicely. Potential big market

1 - 10 of 10 Posts