SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until this date I have managed to expand my Le Mans 1955 collection to include 44 cars out of a starting grid of 60. Not bad, I presume.

But out of the still missing 16 cars, 11 are French. So for sure I miss French Bleu on my shelf.

Who can help with links where I can lay hands on resin bodies or donor cars to fill these holes in my collection:

Race no. #27:
Salmson 2300 Spyder

Race no. #50 + 51:
Panhard VM5

Race no. #52 - 53:
Monopole Sport

Race no. #56:
VP 166R

Race no. #57, 58, 59 + 63:
DB HBR

Race no. #69:
Constantin

Vive la France......

Please help.

/Holger

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Hi Holger

The Bad News
I'm sorry but I don't know where you can find these donor cars.

The Good News
I have a large collection of photos for cars in this race. I'm doing the same thing as you - but for 1/43 scale models. Maybe we can swop our collections of images?

Best wishes

Coides

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pardon me - but what is "forum FOLM"? Please remember I am just a Dane.....

/Holger

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks - I´ll give it a try. My French is not top of the pop.

/Holger

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have tried - but as far as my humble French takes me, they do not allove guest entries, only members!

I am not sure I will be able to do the "fill out the blanks" job in French.

Any advise?

/Holger

·
Registered
23 Posts
I can create an account for you and send you the id and the pass by email if you want. in this case just send me your email adress for registration confirmation.

vincent

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Forza Alfa - great! I will continue on PM level.

/Holger

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Forza Alfa - back from my holidays I have used your provided username and password to luck up on Forum FOLM, but somehow it drives me round in circles.....

I can follow the links over SCRATCH BUILDING to NOUVEAU, but then it returnes me to the welcome site. Can you help me once again - and one step further?

I really appriciate your great efforts.

/Holger

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SUCCESS! Finally there is some light at the end of the tunnel!

AA Bodies has released their AA63 DB HBR which will make out #57, 58, 59 + 63 on my Le Mans 1955 starting grid:

AA Bodies 63, PCS32 chassis, A2M wheel inserts etc. etc.

And then there is MMK SF14 4CV Barquette which I have taken the liberty to try to convert into VP 166R #56:

When these five cars are done, I have 53 out of a total of 60 cars from Le Mans 1955 in the box. Of course the hunt is out for the last seven.....

Cheers, Holger

And while I am writing this, David from AA Bodies asks for specifications of the Nardi 750..... (slot)Life is great!

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
One down - four to go:

To date this is the tiniest closed wheeler I have ever build. PCS32 chassis (length) as well as the axles (width) had to be shortened quite a bit.

I´ll be back when the four DB HBR´s are finished.

Cheers, Holger

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Voila!

Four more in the box. Still searching for the last seven......

Holger

·
Mr. Olufsen
1,212 Posts
Godt gået, Holger! That's awesome, you've got the blues in a nice sort of way

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
alaskaracer1 - photo of my current 53 cars (out of a total of 60) will follow, as soon as a lesser sun will allove it.

Mr. Olufsen -

Cheers, Holger

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As requested. 53 cars out of a total of 60 at the starting grid on Le Mans, June 11 - 12, 1955:

53 cars in SORA show cases in my living room. As earlier said, there is currently hope for #61 Nardi 750.

Sorry about the photo quality. Somehow my camera is playing lunatic. I shall try and improve tomorrow - maybe with fresh batteries.....

Cheers, Holger

1 - 20 of 25 Posts