SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
7,877 Posts
Methinks, sadly, that the old Scalextric/SCX brand name issue might conscievably come in to play here if they are shipping 'Scalextric' branded products that aren't Hornby products' out of Spain.

I'd be up for a subscription if they did, mind.

· Premium Member
7,877 Posts
Here's a direct link to Altaya for those interested.

The SCX Pilot F40 has been a firm favourite of mine ever since I picked it up but the decals annoyed me; to get a tampo version with the new motor would be so sweet.

· Premium Member
7,877 Posts
There was at least one Ferrari 333 at the Milton Keynes meet a week or so ago, they surely looked like the model SCX should have released years ago, i.e. they had headlight glass and decent tampo. Can't wait for Delfi to send me mine!

That said, the two that I saw at the swapmeet both had rear wings bent at a jaunty angle - I guess the magazine packaging isn't protecting them that well. Fingers crossed mine is square.

I told myself when taking out the full subscription that I would probably Ebay several of the cars in the collection as Chappies, SCX 40's, and that 911 GT-1 did nothing for me but now I'm thinking they are all keepers!

· Premium Member
7,877 Posts
No John, I think your cautionary note isn't totally out of place. The thing to remember with these issues is that whilst they are SCX in origin they do appear to be made of a cheaper plastic - both chassis and body.

Of course, the two you have purchased are re-workings of seriously old models; no way they could rival today's build quality. I know with the Motul M1 that I have, the fact that it is the same 'chassis locks into the rear bodywork' design, instead of a contemporary floating shell retained with screws, really limits the performance. Couple that with it being powered by the more gutsy version of the RX motor and in no way can it rival one of SCX's modern releases.

No, be advised, these are re-workings of older models in cheaper plastic; but the chance to get a BASF M1 or tampoed Pilot F-40 is too good to miss for me.
And all of mine will get run! Far to tempting to be just shelf-queens.

· Premium Member
7,877 Posts
Yup. You can bet your bottom dollar that if this was done in the UK it wouldn't be handled in the same way as Altaya, and it wouldn't be as cheap and you would have to sign up for all of 'em and, and, and....

The ole' cynic in me just won't lay down and die.

· Premium Member
7,877 Posts
Uh, wer hey! My parcel arrived yesterday after some credit card confusion and Post Office shenanigans.

Many thanks to our own Delfi and Joan Miquel at KC Slot for feeding my habit.

The quality of the tampo on the porker is superior to the Fly version of this car (mind, the Fly is giving away a few years now), the M1 is just a damn fine looker and the 333, whilst still a little toy like, is improved so much with the headlight glass and a decent livery.

I can't wait for the next shipment and the 935.

Here's a photo from my dodgy old Canon to tempt you and to rub Swiss's nose in it!

· Premium Member
7,877 Posts

Let me rub some salt in the wound; the tampo on the M1 is excellent. The only thing that lets these models down is the driver figure.

Now, got to go run my motors in.

See ya suckers!

Tee, hee.

· Premium Member
7,877 Posts
Mr M, since at this stage all you get is the Seven Up body shell I declined to photograph it.

If you want more salt in that sore of yours I'll happily crack out the old Canon and oblige.
I'll do the RS200 when that arrives, too, if you'd like.

I've always wanted the Seven Up livery to go with my other Spanish Lancias but began to baulk at the prices they got up to on Ebay.

Big Ben, if you are interested then PM Delfi, he offers to help early on in this thread.

· Premium Member
7,877 Posts
The RS200 will be a Sainz livery, very similar to the Puralator one SCX did with stickers but having more detail thanks to the tampo.

Ah, you raise the ante with the Planeto Directo set and push me out of the game! Grrr!

· Premium Member
7,877 Posts
Anyone else not getting the pictures, or is it just me that's 'special'?
QUOTE Tomorrow may be a drag, unless those two autoART Lambos I bought off eBay arrive...

Did you not know young Sean was doing a deal on AA cars in pairs?

Have to eat my words in public again, least, I think I do. I'm pretty sure I poured derision (...by pouring their derision upon anything we did...) on the Countach when I first saw the photos but having seen one in the flesh and watched it running I was actually quite impressed.

Not going to buy a street livery, though.

· Premium Member
7,877 Posts
Nah, still no joy with the page as rendered.

I didn't want to muck about too much whilst 'at work'
so I took a look from home tonight.

Firefox users - select the "user posted image" text on the page, then right click and select "view selection source" and in the pop-up you'll see the url for the image to copy and paste into another tab. Sweet.

Can't wait for the 935 - same story as the Seven Up 037, always wanted one but realized paying silly money for an original Spanish one was, well, silly.

Hmmm, I had told myself that I would flog all the F1's but that FW is going to tug at my heartstrings when it arrives....

Hey, Swiss. This might mean we'll get our before Mr M and his mates again!

· Premium Member
7,877 Posts
Ach! My subscription has gone pear-shaped and I've not received anything in a while. My fingers are crossed that normal service will be resumed.

The prospect of those pukka F1's appeals greatly.

I did recently pick up the F40 from Ebay and was surprised to see that they had reverse-engineered a wireless guide/motor set-up and magnet into the chassis. I hope that means they will do more re-issues of this one because my collection of cars from the 1995 Le Mans grid needs the colourful Brumm (was it?) Ferrari.

I also picked up the 935 and she won her first outing at Oxford and that was up against some current SCX cars!

· Premium Member
7,877 Posts
I stand duly corrected, Mr M. I had completely forgotten about those later F-40's.

Note, I myself am riveted with interest at the 959 chassis development.

Tee hee, I did wonder if you would have a subtle dig regarding the fact that I am now well behind on these issues!

And to put the record straight, I did pay my subs but I didn't receive goodies.
Mr Visacard is looking into that one and, as I said, I should be catching up with you issue wise shortly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.