SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,342 Posts
I just got the Ferrari and Porsche bodies.

The printing job is very crisp. I agree that this livery of the 333SP is by far the best done by SCX so far. If you're thinking about fitting the body to the chassis of a former livery, please note that :
1° the wing comes with the chassis, so you'll need to buy the chassis as well to get the accurate livery ;
2° if you don't mind about getting the accurate rear wing, you must also be aware that the chassis has been changed (the front screws don't match). So, unless you have a green "Supersport" livery, a little tuning will have to be done.

Regarding the Porsche, it is true that this livery has been done by Scalextric, Ninco and Fly. This is probably the only car whose shape Fly got completely wrong. Ninco's version was done with stickers and Scalextric's wasn't the Le Mans livery. I didn't make an immediate comparison, but I would say that the SCX body could be the finest so far.

· Registered
2,342 Posts
If you don't care about getting the accurate rear wing, you can put this body on another 333 BUT you should try to locate the green one (it was called LMC Supersport or soething like that), since the front screws aren't not on the same places on earlier liveries (the ones without clear plastic on the lights). Of course, you can still go for one of those and drill new holes into the body !

· Registered
2,342 Posts
The Pilot, Momo, Lista and Plastic Zeta liveries are all without clear lenses.

Only the Spain-only green "Super Sport" do have ones, as well as a "set-only" multicolour (orange and blue) Bridgestone and a special club edition. However, the latter has a modified rear wing.

Regarding Racer's 333s, they are no match to SCX ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.