SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Jim Moyes
6,528 Posts
woo-hoo

Love that last pairing, new liveries and I think that's the first re-issue of the 935 for a long time. 55 cars eh? Wonder if that means more liveries of pocket rocket Abarths?

Thanks Russell

Mr.M

· Jim Moyes
6,528 Posts
Just checked the link and using my wobbly Spanish I think there are going to be the 14 cars Russell has shown and then as an enducement to taking out a subscription they will supply an RS200 and a Lancia 037 and a sixteen car carrying case.

Now the dilemma is whether to subscribe and get several cars I already have or wait and pay a premium for the ones I really want

Mr.M

· Jim Moyes
6,528 Posts
QUOTE (BEEJAY7 @ 30 Aug 2004, 20:45)My Spanish is also very poor. But does their website also say that this offer is only open to Spanish address's?......
I didn't see any reference to that Beejay, but I think that has been the case before! Possibly because of the Scalextric branding. The 55 is number of issues of the magazine to make up the whole set. Cars are "broken up" into four issues and I think you get issue 2 free with issue 1!

Mr.M

· Jim Moyes
6,528 Posts
Hmmmmm! Nice!

Don't have to wait too long for the M1 and 935

Mr.M

· Jim Moyes
6,528 Posts
SCOTT!!!!!

Wankel's got his M1 already! And there were some bodies available at Swindon - before we got there apparently - and Farrout has even had time to put his together and put it in his cabinet! And he's in America!

[Kevin the Teenager] S'NOT FAIR!!! [/Kevin the Teenager]

· Jim Moyes
6,528 Posts
Pah!

Two can play at that game!

Erm...Wankel, I see no mention of the tampo printed 7UP Lancia 037 that subscribers receive.

Not got that one then?

Mr.M

· Jim Moyes
6,528 Posts
No need on my account, Wankel, though I am sure others here may appreciate the offer. I think I have been very restrained leaving mine in it's blister pack for several weeks now and not fitting it on an original chassis and taking it to one of the clubs to run in Classic Rally.

Do you know which livery the RS200 will be? I was expecting new liveries for the two extra cars, not that I'm disappointed with the Lancia.

Now! How to exact my revenge?

Where's that Planeto Directo set.........

· Jim Moyes
6,528 Posts
No I can't see them in PI-Madrid's post!

Welcome to SlotForum, by the way!

But by right clicking and copying the address from the properties you can see them.

So the 935 is almost upon us, too!

Mr.M

· Jim Moyes
6,528 Posts
Now, that is weird!

As I went through copying and pasting to my clipboard they simultaneously appeared in the post

Mr.M

· Jim Moyes
6,528 Posts
QUOTE (Swissracer @ 10 Feb 2005, 08:47)Anyone out there clear up the SCX Motor codes for me? The Planeta set for instance has a mix of RX4 / RX41 / Rx5 and RX 8 motors in. Considering this is a set collection should they not all be the same? (4x4 versus 2 wheel drive aside)

SEAT 500 . pig to drive with the pin guide? a good argument against pin guides if ever another was needed. I think I will transform it into the same set up as that little Scoobie 360.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which one has the RX41 in Swiss? The RX5 is from the 959, then it should be RX4 for all 2wd and RX8 for all 4wd. RX41 is basically RX4 but with brass contacts as opposed to wires. All of the Planeto cars are from the wires era.

Tssch! Tssch! Seat 500?
It's a 600, actually, and yes, it is a "challenging" drive. The re-issued one in the anniversary set has an RX1 ,so I assumed this one would have too. The extra weight and lesser power of the old motor does help a lot. Just like in the old Scalextric Minis!

Mr.M

· Jim Moyes
6,528 Posts
QUOTE (Wankel Ickx @ 14 Jul 2005, 13:16)I did recently pick up the F40 from Ebay and was surprised to see that they had reverse-engineered a wireless guide/motor set-up and magnet into the chassis.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well actually, Wankel, the last few liveries of the F40 on general release had these mods. The Catamaran & Igol cars. But as you're obviously interested in these little development intricacies that occur, you'll be pleased to know that the 959 (that those of us who pay our subs on time have already received) has had the mould changed to incorporate two body mounting screws.

Scott laughed at me when I showed him this interesting snippet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.