SlotForum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

· Allan Wakefield
6,720 Posts
Voila!

All working now I think, can see them in Firefox and MS crapthingy program.

I replaced the links with copy and paste from the actual website and seems to work but no idea why.

NICE cars!

· Premium Member
7,877 Posts
Nah, still no joy with the page as rendered.

I didn't want to muck about too much whilst 'at work'
so I took a look from home tonight.

Firefox users - select the "user posted image" text on the page, then right click and select "view selection source" and in the pop-up you'll see the url for the image to copy and paste into another tab. Sweet.

Can't wait for the 935 - same story as the Seven Up 037, always wanted one but realized paying silly money for an original Spanish one was, well, silly.

Hmmm, I had told myself that I would flog all the F1's but that FW is going to tug at my heartstrings when it arrives....

Hey, Swiss. This might mean we'll get our before Mr M and his mates again!

· Allan Wakefield
6,720 Posts
QUOTE Hey, Swiss. This might mean we'll get our before Mr M and his mates again!

Hehe!
I made sure of it, I rang our supplier and told him you were happy to pay double if he got us our sets out first.

I am also beginning to get torn by the choice between getting rid of those cars in both sets that I am not fussed about and keeping the collection together.

Anyone out there clear up the SCX Motor codes for me? The Planeta set for instance has a mix of RX4 / RX41 / Rx5 and RX 8 motors in. Considering this is a set collection should they not all be the same? (4x4 versus 2 wheel drive aside)

SEAT 500 . pig to drive with the pin guide? a good argument against pin guides if ever another was needed. I think I will transform it into the same set up as that little Scoobie 360.
Has anyone mentioned just how small that Scoobie is and that the SEAT 500 is almost as miniscule?

· Jim Moyes
6,528 Posts
QUOTE (Swissracer @ 10 Feb 2005, 08:47)Anyone out there clear up the SCX Motor codes for me? The Planeta set for instance has a mix of RX4 / RX41 / Rx5 and RX 8 motors in. Considering this is a set collection should they not all be the same? (4x4 versus 2 wheel drive aside)

SEAT 500 . pig to drive with the pin guide? a good argument against pin guides if ever another was needed. I think I will transform it into the same set up as that little Scoobie 360.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which one has the RX41 in Swiss? The RX5 is from the 959, then it should be RX4 for all 2wd and RX8 for all 4wd. RX41 is basically RX4 but with brass contacts as opposed to wires. All of the Planeto cars are from the wires era.

Tssch! Tssch! Seat 500?
It's a 600, actually, and yes, it is a "challenging" drive. The re-issued one in the anniversary set has an RX1 ,so I assumed this one would have too. The extra weight and lesser power of the old motor does help a lot. Just like in the old Scalextric Minis!

Mr.M

· Registered
36 Posts
QUOTE (Mr.M @ 10 Feb 2005, 10:41)QUOTE (Swissracer @ 10 Feb 2005, 08:47)
Anyone out there clear up the SCX Motor codes for me? The Planeta set for instance has a mix of RX4 / RX41 / Rx5 and RX 8 motors in. Considering this is a set collection should they not all be the same? (4x4 versus 2 wheel drive aside)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which one has the RX41 in Swiss? The RX5 is from the 959, then it should be RX4 for all 2wd and RX8 for all 4wd. RX41 is basically RX4 but with brass contacts as opposed to wires. All of the Planeto cars are from the wires era.

Tssch! Tssch! Seat 500?
It's a 600, actually, and yes, it is a "challenging" drive. The re-issued one in the anniversary set has an RX1 ,so I assumed this one would have too. The extra weight and lesser power of the old motor does help a lot. Just like in the old Scalextric Minis!

Mr.M
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I regret to tell you that the SEAT 600 has the new motor with the adaptor instead the RX1 as the 40th Anniversary

· Registered
5,926 Posts
The latest to arrive from my subscription is the Chaparral - a nice driving ar now made even nicer thanks to the modern tampo-ing. It even has gold Firestone markings on the tyres.

Look forward to the Ferrari to race with the new Vintage Tyrrell.

· Premium Member
7,877 Posts
Ach! My subscription has gone pear-shaped and I've not received anything in a while. My fingers are crossed that normal service will be resumed.

The prospect of those pukka F1's appeals greatly.

I did recently pick up the F40 from Ebay and was surprised to see that they had reverse-engineered a wireless guide/motor set-up and magnet into the chassis. I hope that means they will do more re-issues of this one because my collection of cars from the 1995 Le Mans grid needs the colourful Brumm (was it?) Ferrari.

I also picked up the 935 and she won her first outing at Oxford and that was up against some current SCX cars!

· Jim Moyes
6,528 Posts
QUOTE (Wankel Ickx @ 14 Jul 2005, 13:16)I did recently pick up the F40 from Ebay and was surprised to see that they had reverse-engineered a wireless guide/motor set-up and magnet into the chassis.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well actually, Wankel, the last few liveries of the F40 on general release had these mods. The Catamaran & Igol cars. But as you're obviously interested in these little development intricacies that occur, you'll be pleased to know that the 959 (that those of us who pay our subs on time have already received) has had the mould changed to incorporate two body mounting screws.

Scott laughed at me when I showed him this interesting snippet.

· Premium Member
7,877 Posts
I stand duly corrected, Mr M. I had completely forgotten about those later F-40's.

Note, I myself am riveted with interest at the 959 chassis development.

Tee hee, I did wonder if you would have a subtle dig regarding the fact that I am now well behind on these issues!

And to put the record straight, I did pay my subs but I didn't receive goodies.
Mr Visacard is looking into that one and, as I said, I should be catching up with you issue wise shortly.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.